Gran Turismo 4 slowdown
So I get around 60fps when I am the only car on track, but with other cars in (specifically the pace car in guided laps), I get slowed down to around 45fps. There are also specific parts of tracks where I get frame drops, too. For example, the entrance and exit of the twisty section of the driving park track. Anybody have ideas as to how I could fix this?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2500u
Vega 8 integrated graphics (256mb)
8gb of ram (7.64 usable, MHz unknown)

Sponsored links

You could first try changing the Audio Plugin Settings Synchronizing Mode from TimeStretch (Recommended) to Asynch Mix.
(09-05-2020, 11:15 AM)Astro_80 Wrote: You could first try changing the Audio Plugin Settings Synchronizing Mode from TimeStretch (Recommended) to Asynch Mix.

This just makes the sound worse.
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do. These are symptoms of an underpowered PC. GT4 can be pretty hard to run, depending on the number of cars and the track.
That cpu's base clock (Ryzen 2500u) is 2.0ghz and it can boost up to 3.6ghz, but only on a single core apparently. This is why you are getting framedrops: despite the fact that Zen 1 (the cpu's architecture) has decent IPC/single-threaded performance, the low clockspeed is the limiting factor here, and as others have mentioned GT4 can be pretty CPU intensive to run, so there's nothing you can do unfortunately.
(09-07-2020, 01:02 PM)NarooN Wrote: That cpu's base clock (Ryzen 2500u) is 2.0ghz and it can boost up to 3.6ghz, but only on a single core apparently. This is why you are getting framedrops: despite the fact that Zen 1 (the cpu's architecture) has decent IPC/single-threaded performance, the low clockspeed is the limiting factor here, and as others have mentioned GT4 can be pretty CPU intensive to run, so there's nothing you can do unfortunately.

Dammit
I was having same problem I will send you settings