Gran Turismo 4 vs my laptop
Thanks Preet. Unfortunately it hasn't worked though. Just to double check I've ddone it right, what does the guy mean about the crc?

"dl my pnach and just make sure the crc is the same from the game you use and the name of the pnach file"

EDIT: I've also just tried running it from an ISO image but still getting the same problem.

Sponsored links

Just having another look at this, the pnach file in that other thread refers to the NTSC version.

Quote:gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C SCUS97328
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

If I'm trying to run the PAL version, does that mean that pnach file isn't actually going to do anything? A bit of a long shot but I tried changing NTSC to PAL and changed SCUS97328 to SCES51719 (that's what's on the side of the box) but it didn't work. I didn't touch the patch=... line as I don't know what that's all about
Ok, next update. I managed to get hold of an NTSC version which does actually work. At least it works in the sense that the game plays and you can drive around a track but not in a "this is fun" sense as it only manages 27ish fps and everything is in slow motion. I switched from GSDX10 hardware to software which sped things up a bit but i'm not sure what else i can try to make things quicker. I tried enabling more of the tickbox speedhacks but that hasn't made any noticeable difference. Moving the slider ones got it to its current rate from about 22fps but not sure what other options will actually effect game speed. It could well just be my computer not being good enough but is there anything else to try? Running GSDX in software mode greys out most of the options there. Running it on Null speeds the sound up to normal pace but makes the screen go blank. Is that meant to happen?