Gran turismo 4 random crash and cant load save state.
And to make sure also it is recommended to not install the emulator on the windows drive, if you have a 2nd harddrive or a 2nd partition put PCSX2 on that, it might help with some saving issues aswell.

Sponsored links

So i had a random crash again, it happens from time to time, it's not a big deal but sometimes this happens, it's like my memory card got corrupted.
And it says Status of the memory card changed, and when i pick yes it tells me a different memory card has been inserted, insert a correct one.
So i can't save my progress, i can't change cars i can't do anything expect create a new game data, so that means all of my cars in my garage will be deleted except the one im currently in.
How to deal with this issue?
[Image: Untitled%202_zpsk2ozmg3v.png]

2nd picture.
[Image: Untitled_zpsidio53c4.png]
(10-30-2018, 01:25 PM)Kai xin guo Wrote: How to deal with this issue?

you can't

as I told you :

Quote:Then be prepared to face problems, cause save states aren't as reliable as memcards.

And they aren't cross-version compatibles either.

But it's your choice
you should first have begun your game using memcard, then using savestates from time to time.

But completely relying on them is a bad idea
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-30-2018, 01:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you can't

as I told you :

you should first have begun your game using memcard, then using savestates from time to time.

But completely relying on them is a bad idea
Eh.....
So how do i start with a mem card Sad?
er...
just like you would save on your PS2 console...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have faced a similar issue once when I was playing this game. The only choice you have is to create a new save and wipe out your garage, except for the car you are in. Just asking, what's your game percentage and what were you able to do (obtain licenses, competed in a Special Condition Event, Driving Missions, etc.)? One more thing, be sure to disable autosave in settings under Misc., always works for me. Like others said on this thread, make a savestate only after you saved the game and restore it as needed before saving the game again in a memcard.
Edit: I saw you have a Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car.  Sad
I feel you. You are lucky that you made it passed the European Event. I was at around 96.5% when the same thing happened to me a second time and I had to restart from square one. At that point, I just deleted my savegame and started all over since it was pointless.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!