Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - slowdown when under 60fps
I know that there are a lot of posts about this topic, but haven't found an answer to why the game slows down in speed when the frame rate drops under 60fps. Liberty City Stories seems to be a variable frame rate game on PS2, but the console absolutely and certainly won't be able to maintain full speed in anywhere else but cutscenes in interiors.

I would lock the game at 30fps if I could. Frame rate issues which occur on native hardware are acceptable (game speed and audio rate wouldn't be affected).

Sponsored links

Turn off MTVU, this game run slower with it. But you still need good PC to run it anyway.
Edit: Also one of GS hacks was required to get better speed, i can't recall which one, or maybe it was Allow 8bit textures. For sure something from GS settings.
(06-09-2020, 03:07 PM)kozarovv Wrote: Turn off MTVU, this game run slower with it. But you still need good PC to run it anyway.
Edit: Also one of GS hacks was required to get better speed, i can't recall which one, or maybe it was Allow 8bit textures. For sure something from GS settings.
MTVU is off by default in the 1.6.0 stable at least.

Thanks, "allow 8bit textures" improves performance by a lot, at leas doesn't drop on the starting area when looking at the city anymore (~50% speed without the setting.