Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories[NTSC]
Around the same i guess, vista only runs a few fps slower for me than windows 7.

Still prefer windows 7 to vista anyways though.

Sponsored links

Guess i could do a install of win 7 then if i dont like it just format and install vista later.

Btw just noticed that fps when bad are 25fps ish but then they go to 43+ and the game is smoother and more playable. So hopefully yeah it will be playable in win 7 or vista.
Good idea mate, if you get that 10-20fps increase you could have decent speeds in most places Laugh
(03-06-2009, 12:35 AM)SkeeterUK Wrote: Guess i could do a install of win 7 then if i dont like it just format and install vista later.

Btw just noticed that fps when bad are 25fps ish but then they go to 43+ and the game is smoother and more playable. So hopefully yeah it will be playable in win 7 or vista.

hey,if you get windows 7 or vista installed before me please say if the game is working better ok?Tongue
Well that did nothing for me with vista 32bit os and dx10 mode. Grrr.. So disapointed there was 0 improvment at all. To those that got it 40+ at least please tell me which snap shot u used and what plugins and settings please incase im not using what u used.
Try giving "Nokiaman" a pm for the configuration he used.
and post it here aswell or pm me with it please Laugh
Same problem here. Facing the city the fps drops and the game slows down. Tried lots of settings, nothing works. Decent computer.

E8400
4GB
HD4850
Vista 64-bit

Same with Liberty City Stories.
I too got the emulator particularly to play this game (and perhaps Liberty City Stories down the line), since I'm a big fan of GTA games in general and this one doesn't come on pc.

And its just too slow most of the time (i.e. when driving), when you load up the game in your barracks (at the start of the game) it is fine at 50fps (as it should be), but when you go out into the city where obviously there are more graphics to load it just drops to 25-40fps at best and this makes it unbearable, the radio slows down, everything too slow to play (and have any kind of fun).

My Specs:

Windows XP SP3 (dx9 latest obviously)
CPU - AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core (3018Mhz)
Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce 8800GT (512mb ram)
RAM - 3gb PC6400 DDR2 (800Mhz)

I too have just about exhausted the available emulator options and not a SINGLE one of them speeds up the game (some slow it down or cause bugginess, but not one improves/speeds it up in any visible way).

Any ideas people (other than getting a different operating system)? surely my system should be able to handle it better (if not then I guess the emulator is not doing its job very well and I will either have to wait for improvement or wait a few years for a new pc).
It's hardly the emulator's fault... Demanding games require more than just average, but top of the line when it comes to hardware (especially in the CPU department, which is where your bottleneck is going to be for this game). Your best bet is just to play this game on your PS2.
[Image: 2748844.png]