Grandia 2 Graphical error
Fault is probably not the right word. Essentially in programming (and I am high leveling this) you need to account for the most common tracks the game will traverse. Some games take less common tracks, while others take wildly different ones. It can take time (if ever) to properly account for all of those "one-off" sort of corner cases that vary wildly from the norm.

This is from a purely programming prospective as I am not an emu programmer. I make business apps Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit

Sponsored links

I think the problem with this particular game is that it is a port (from the Dreamcast).
Ported games may force the coders to use uncommon techniques to allow a feature designed for one console to be usuable on the other.
Here it might be a weird (for a PS2) camera setup routine that's perfectly normal on the Dreamcast.
When porting it over though, it resulted in code that hits a lot of bad floating point logic.
It may work okay on a real PS2 but on emulators (like the PS2 on PS3 one, or PCSX2), the difference breaks everything.
This is just a guess but it's very likely to be the issue Tongue2