Grandia 3 GSdx plugin issues
I noticed that the battle transition fade-in screens were not emulated correctly. It should fade to black, then to the battle, but in PCSX2 1.2.0 (64-bit build, vanilla), the screen itself goes blurry, much like when you enter the menu.

Think of it as more of a motion blur effect, framebuffer effect. In fact, I don't know if GSdx plugins ever emulated the effect properly.

This is how the effect should look, as captured on PS2 hardware:
------------------------------------------------------

[Image: h1BV7i2.jpg]
[Image: cLFqpvu.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsTi5tZ3-8s
Battle blur transition seen at the 36 second mark

This is how the effect looks like on PCSX2 1.2.0/1.2.1:
-----------------------------------------------------
When you hear the *whoosh* sound (and the fade out) the screen turns kinda blurry, but nowhere near as how it should look on PCSX2. I seem to recall earlier versions getting this effect right, but I could be wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnb9xR-y...e=youtu.be

Emulator settings:

[Image: x6agJ22.jpg]
[Image: cxeiJn0.jpg]

Using PCSX2 1.2.0
Specs in signature.

Should I try a GIT/SVN build instead?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

how about trying. software mode?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(07-19-2014, 08:46 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: how about trying. software mode?

Software Mode? No, I haven't tried that, but this is to see if we can narrow down the issue, correct? I could have sworn that it worked in 1.1.0 but I could be mistaken. Failing that, a GIT revision to see if it's fixed in there. Maybe I'm just nitpicking and notice weird trivial things like that in emulators. I'll try it, but hopefully, it's something that can be looked further into.

Edit: Yup, works perfectly in software mode, meaning there's a bug in the hardware rendering somewhere, and chances are, it's a bug that will either be looked into, or not, depending on its severity and priority. So we know that the emulator itself emulates the effect, it seems like something is breaking in the hardware renderer. Do you think those speed hacks (mVU Flag Hack and MTVU) are screwing with the graphics? Where can we go from here? Anyways, I felt the need to report it, hopefully the information provided is at least somewhat useful.
Custom Desktop
I dont thing that mvu or mtvu was making the problem ! it seems more like the problem of gsdx plugin in hardware mode!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(07-19-2014, 08:59 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: I dont thing that mvu or mtvu was making the problem ! it seems more like the problem of gsdx plugin in hardware mode!

Right, now that we know it's plugin-related, where can we go from here, is it something that can be resolved, since the software mode gets it right? I would use software rendering, but it's far more taxing on my CPU and doesn't quite run full speed (more like 95% speed most of the time). Useful for debugging as we'd just seen, but for general purpose playing, not so much. Is there any hope of this being looked into? The least thing I want to do is waste the developers' time with possible trivialities and unimportant bug reports. Huh Should we let the developers know somehow?
Custom Desktop
(07-19-2014, 09:02 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: Right, now that we know it's plugin-related, where can we go from here, is it something that can be resolved, since the software mode gets it right? I would use software rendering, but it's far more taxing on my CPU and doesn't quite run full speed (more like 95% speed most of the time). Useful for debugging as we'd just seen, but for general purpose playing, not so much. Is there any hope of this being looked into? The least thing I want to do is waste the developers' time with possible trivialities and unimportant bug reports. Huh Should we let the developers know somehow?
you can make a bug report of it cause its a bug in game ! then may be devs will look it in the issue! this is what we can do to solve it for now! :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(07-19-2014, 09:16 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: you can make a bug report of it cause its a bug in game ! then may be devs will look it the issue! this what we can do to solve it for now! :-)

Ah crap, wrong section again lol, thought I posted it in the right section, but I goofed up Biggrin
Custom Desktop