Grandia III Codes not working.
Dang it. Sure I mean Grandia III :/ Forgot one little "I" there.

Sponsored links

(04-30-2013, 10:43 PM)R.D. Wrote: Started quite the conversation here I guess. Well the HP and MP codes did work. But the Quick EXP did not. As said I took them from codetwink and there are in codebreaker format so I converted them. Of course my knowledge of how the pnach file works isn't that great Smile

So this code does not work:
Code:
//Quick EXP gain
patch=1,EE,205B7790,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7890,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7990,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7A90,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7B90,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7C90,extended,0000FFFF
patch=1,EE,205B7D90,extended,0000FFFF

Maybe it's just not a code that works. I dunno. I don't have the time to search for it with a memory viewer so I simply have to train I guess xD

the code is still wrong, was told to "not change" the digit 1 at the code, they are of the type "short" and how is there they are being seen as word. This may cause the leading zeroes in the code to be erasing memory content what shouldn't.

PS: to prevent doubts and problems, this first block (the experience gain) is of type short and the address start as 1

the other two blocks are of type "word" and then the need to return their digits from 0 (wrongly changed to start with) to 2 what means the length is word

that's simple, a code with the address starting with 0 is of byte length, starting with 1 is of 2 bytes length (short), starting with 2 is 4 bytes length (word).

since each byte is represented by 2 hexadecimal digits, a short places the last four digits at the value into memory, disregarding the zeros. A code with length word will poke all those digits into memory, including the zeroes, which can be a big problem if is not intended.

Edit: An attentive reader will notice in the other two blocks, each code is composed of 2 shorts actually, adjacent, so can be used word length to put them at once in one step, instead using separate lines of short length for each.
Imagination is where we are truly real