Graphic Issue with Devil May Cry
Yeah I get this little messed up bar on the top left of the screen. It goes on and off. Not sure why.. I start a new game and play it is not there. However, when it does pop up and I SAVE, the problem loads with it.

The bar/box varies in size.

I am running on an:
core 2 duo e8400 @ 3.0 ghz
Radeon HD 4850
4 gig of ddr2 ram
Window 7 64 bit.

My PLUGIN set up is:

bios: USA v02.00

gs: GSdx 4600 (SSE41) rendering with direct3d 10 (hardware) on 1440 x 900 res

spu2: spu2-x r4600m with interpolation at 1-linear. The rest is default.

My Emulation setting is:

EE/IOP: both recompiler, chop/zero, normal

VUs: both microVU recompiler, chop/zero, normal

gs: base frame: 100%
Slow motion: 50%
turbo adjust 200%
frame skipping is disabled.

SpeedHack:

EE 2 with recommended box checked.
Vu 0 with Mvu flag checked

[Image: dmct.jpg]

Sponsored links

Try disabling the speedhacks. Also, check the GSdx configuration. Are you using scaling, try native. Or any other GSdx hacks. Why not use DirectX 9 and try.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
For now it's better to either play with the "Native" checkbox in GSdx ticked or play with an older version of GSdx like 0.1.14
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-18-2011, 06:53 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: ... play with an older version of GSdx like 0.1.14

thx for posting. I already forgot that and ran the crappy graphics. ^^
Running GSdx 4600 (SSE41) 0.1.16 rendering with direct3d 10 (hardware) on native resolution seem to resolved the problem for now.

Shame, the game looks so much cleaner running on 1440x900.
(08-19-2011, 03:01 PM)cool as fuuu Wrote: Running GSdx 4600 (SSE41) 0.1.16 rendering with direct3d 10 (hardware) on native resolution seem to resolved the problem for now.

Shame, the game looks so much cleaner running on 1440x900.

then use the old gsdx 0.1.14 version. it has dx10 hardware too. and comes in all flavors from SSE2 to SSE4

dmc is so light on the gs you can use it without any speed decrease. it does scale the hud circuit correct and you can run any resolution without any trouble.

don't think newer is faster, here. it's wrong. you'd be stupid not to use it. Tongue
Okay, I have a problem using the version you recommended.

When i configure the plugin settings for GSdx 0.1.14, the changes revert back to the original setting. I clicked apply and okay but still no luck.
I'm sure this' cause it uses the old and absolute savepath for the ini-file and won't generate directories. as of this and if there isn't any - just create a "inis" directory in the directory where pscx2.exe is located.

btw. just noticed. the plugin seem to have some issues with escaping the gs window and doesn't resume really well. so you better not jump out ingame and always save to memory card before leaving the game since I won't guarantee that savestates are working. atleast those are the problems here. but this something to bear when you want the good look.

added a lil screeny for you. guess where it is. Laugh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)