Poll: Wich one has better graphic quality?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Playground
25.00%
1 25.00%
Pcsx2 1.0.0
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Graphic Quality
I just don't get the attempt of comparison.
PCSX2 1.0.0 isn't PCSX2 0.9.6/7 + Playground?
So why would it be better? PCSX2 1.0.0 offer what Playground did plus alot of bugfixes and visual bugfixes so if there is a release that could/may look better would be PCSX2 1.0.0 right?

Sponsored links

If anything you could probably just use the graphic plugin that the playground version was using with the newer PCSX2 versions.

There's been some changes in the upscaling and even filtering so it's possible. That sharpness you mention may just be the difference between a default texture filtering enabled/disabled, also possible that you were getting a true fullscreen resolution against a upscaled fullscreen that you get these days (probably why your "compared" screenshots are actually different resolution.

It's probably just a difference in settings to be honest and not really related to it being the playground version or not, but your screenshots don't really help to compare them.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have save in .png I got 900kb when I upload this forum not allow me to attach more than 500kb, so I have to save in .jpg wich is smaller.
I have change both fullscreen 640x480 but in pcsx i got screenshot 800x600, I use gsdx r5441m which is texture filtering disabled in SW mode, but playground still does filtering .... I will try again changing fullscreen resolution when I got home.oh yeah here I am talking about graphic quality(especially sharpness) not graphic bug I know pcsx has more compatibility than playground... Thank you Smile
Sharpness does not equal better or more accurate emulation. Many games will use a variety of methods to soften or blur the image to some extent (for good reason, generally), and the sharper image may well be due to the older version simply not properly emulating those.
Though as long as you don't provide screenshots taken with the same internal resolution output at the same displayed resolution, it's really kinda pointless to discuss. Ideally, you'd need an image taken from the game running on real hardware to make any kind of meaningful statement as well.
I know some games really does blur and soften effect but how about a scene that doesn't use that effect?. Have tried yourself "Battle stadium D.O.N"? take look closer the character which is sharper,background is similar for me, I use SW mode which is same native internal resolution,,, may be fullscreen resolution which different... Smile
The screenshots should end up of equal resolution for a saner comparison. You don't really need to attach them here, you could just upload them to IMGUR or something.

Since you mention fullscreen, I'm wondering if it's more about the fullscreen method (new one doesn't change the resolution) versus the old one. In a CRT, a 640x480 fullscreen resolution would indeed look less blurry with the old method as the new one would just upscale it to the desktop resolution. (did I nail it?)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Probably part of it, depending on how they used exclusive mode - it doesn't necessarily have to change to a resolution that is different than the desktop resolution. That said, if you take the screenshots with F8, they should come out at the same size regardless, since that always uses the actual internal resolution (or it does now ... I have no idea if versions that old handle it differently for some reason and I'm too lazy to run one and find out myself Tongue2).
like i said before, the texture filter is different. i dunno how old playground is, but some of the coders of the 1.0 changed some things here. from sample offsets to some else. it can all make the picture loose sharpness. if you want you can use a sharpen postfx shader or just switch the filtering off or to 3d only in the gsdx plugin settings.

/offtopic
lol about the complains about the different size screenshots. don't you guys have a fullscreen picture viewer? i could compare that just fine. Wink
Eh, the point with the sizes is simply that if you want to accurately compare screenshots like this, they'd have to be made using similar conditions. Scaling/stretching invariably alters the image to some extent, and you'd want to avoid that.

Personally, I don't really care either way in this particular case. That won't always stop me from throwing in random comments though Smile
Hey guys I'm back Smile
I'm sorry for the mistake both pcsx and playground( I still use it to play dynasty warrior 5 empire Tongue2, wish that game playable on pcsx Smile) have sharp image, I am agree with krossX that res 640x480 in CRT less blurry, fullscreen become 800x600 caused by pcsx which isn't force res 640x480 if your desktop higher than 640x480, but playground will force that res...so my conclusion is pcsx won't force 640x480 fullscreen res if your desktop higher than that, but if you use fullscreen 800x600 your desktop res 800x600 or higher pcsx will still force 800x600,,, since all master coder here can anyone grant my request http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Request--33394 Thank you Smile