Graphic error happens occasionally in FFX when using GSDX9(has screenshot)
I play it in XP and have to use the GSDX9(hardware) mode, the error happens occasionally but not always,when I use GSDX9(software) mode,it has no this error but got a low fps.My card is ATI HD5670. The screenshot is below,please give me some help.Thanks!

[Image: 14cts7s.png]

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1. My hardware specs
CPU:Intel E5200 2.5Ghz
Graphics Card: ATI HD5670
Memory: DDR2 667 4G
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

2. The version of PCSX2 you are using.
PCSX2 1.2.1

3. Any non default settings you are using.
I use GSDX9(hardware) in video setting.

4. What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
Final Fantasy X
Windows XP? I clearly see a Windows 7 window there.

Sounds like you got that effed up Windows XP version if that's the case with the Windows 7 style on top of it. It might be causing graphic issues in other programs like PCSX2. Of course there's a chance it could be entirely unrelated to your case, but it's definitely a possibility. From personal experience I know that those 'custom Windows XP' versions never ran 100% correctly.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-11-2014, 10:14 AM)xRyudo Wrote: Windows XP? I clearly see a Windows 7 window there.

Sounds like you got that effed up Windows XP version if that's the case with the Windows 7 style on top of it. It might be causing graphic issues in other programs like PCSX2. Of course there's a chance it could be entirely unrelated to your case, but it's definitely a possibility. From personal experience I know that those 'custom Windows XP' versions never ran 100% correctly.

In fact, I have two computers,one use xp and the other use 7,both of them have that problem,if I choose the GSDX9(hardware).If I choose GSDX11(hardware) in my windows 7,no this problem.My xp computer was linked with a BIG TV, so I wish to play in XP. Tongue

p.s. Both of my computers used ATI HD series card and the latest driver was installed.
If setting to GSdx11 on Win7 fixed that, then surely setting GSdx11 on the XP will fix it.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(10-11-2014, 04:34 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: If setting to GSdx11 on Win7 fixed that, then surely setting GSdx11 on the XP will fix it.

I fear that will be hard to get DirectX 10/11 on XP Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(10-11-2014, 05:11 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I fear that will be hard to get DirectX 10/11 on XP Smile

Really? I never used XP myself, so, if you think it's hard, then forget it.
I think SW mode is the only way to fix that. If not, then try increasing the skipdraw.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(10-12-2014, 04:25 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Really? I never used XP myself, so, if you think it's hard, then forget it.
I think SW mode is the only way to fix that. If not, then try increasing the skipdraw.

Not just 'hard', downright impossible. XP has zero support for DX10, let alone 11.

There's videos out there of Windows XP running on DX10, but those are mostly just work-arounds to get around the 'you need DX10 to run this game' message, or traps with viruses. You could even get DX25 this way.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Welp, +1 for that, I never knew it.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]