Graphical Glitch in The Godfather
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.31 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

While I'm not having any problems actually playing this game, it's running /almost/ perfectly, I am having a bit of trouble seeing what I'm doing past this bothersome glitch...

[Image: scaled.php?server=502&filename=84936789.png&res=landing]

I've fiddled with a few settings, but nothing too major (kinda scared of screwing up the really good emulation I've got going). Any suggestions on how to get rid of that overlay?

Sponsored links

Are you using the latest PCSX2. Get the latest PCSX2 SVN from the Downloads section. Try using the ALpha Hack. or try the SkipDraw. Try different number until you get the right one.

I am sure software Mode should fix this. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I am using the latest version, yeah, 0.9.8. Changing the SkipDraw numbers didn't affect anything, and I didn't find the AlphaHack option anywhere.
(06-24-2012, 11:14 AM)Fernin320 Wrote: I am using the latest version, yeah, 0.9.8. Changing the SkipDraw numbers didn't affect anything, and I didn't find the AlphaHack option anywhere.

Find gsdx.ini in inis folder

add:

allowhacks=1

Then the alpha hack will be displayed in GSdx...
First get the latest SVN : PCSX2 SVN

Then Configure GSDX --> Enable HW Hacks and try different values of Skipdraw and try Alpha hack.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(06-24-2012, 11:14 AM)Fernin320 Wrote: I am using the latest version, yeah, 0.9.8. Changing the SkipDraw numbers didn't affect anything, and I didn't find the AlphaHack option anywhere.
Don't lie please, I dislike liars. Skipdraw 1 fixes the graphics.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-24-2012, 01:17 PM)refraction Wrote: Don't lie please, I dislike liars. Skipdraw 1 fixes the graphics.
I didn't lie, asshat, I just didn't have the first clue what I was doing. I was changing the Frames to Draw and Frames to Skip numbers in the GS config window, because I had no damned clue where the other stuff he talked about even was. Wasn't til Archerko explained things that I was able to even find that stuff, and changing SkipDraw to 1 did indeed solve the problem, so thank you for that. Just about the least helpful help forum I've ever been to, though, here's hoping I never run into a problem again so I can avoid this place permanently. Seriously, is it so much to start with Step 1 on offering help to someone new, or to tell a guy where things are instead of just babbling names at him and assuming he knows everything?
(06-24-2012, 08:12 PM)Fernin320 Wrote: I didn't lie, asshat.

Have some manners when posting in this forum.This is not your house where you can call people by names.
That 'asshat' you're referring to is a forum elder.Be careful.
And if you can't do that please feel free to leave.
Thank you
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
I'm pretty sure thats a moderater you said that to. Probally wasnt the best decision to do.
Processor: PentiumĀ® Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
(06-24-2012, 08:12 PM)Fernin320 Wrote: I didn't lie, asshat, I just didn't have the first clue what I was doing. I was changing the Frames to Draw and Frames to Skip numbers in the GS config window, because I had no damned clue where the other stuff he talked about even was. Wasn't til Archerko explained things that I was able to even find that stuff, and changing SkipDraw to 1 did indeed solve the problem, so thank you for that. Just about the least helpful help forum I've ever been to, though, here's hoping I never run into a problem again so I can avoid this place permanently. Seriously, is it so much to start with Step 1 on offering help to someone new, or to tell a guy where things are instead of just babbling names at him and assuming he knows everything?

well if you didnt act like you know everything you wouldnt get treaded such a way. If you'd just said "my mistake, i was changing skip frames not skip draw" id have apologised for accusing you of lying, however you decided to be an asshat yourself.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]