Graphical Issues with 007 Nightfire
Okay, so I'm attempting to run 007 Nightfire with PCSX2 (obviously), and I can get it to load and start up fine, even the cut-scenes in the beginning of the game run smoothly for the most part, but whenever I get to actual gameplay, all of the graphics go completely insane. I'm not extremely techy (at least with this stuff) so I'll try to explain it to the best of my abilities. It seems like a lot of textures either aren't loading properly or are able to be found, and the audio is extremely choppy and laggy (not sure if this is a separate issue or caused by the graphical issues). Again, not sure if this is a separate issue or is being caused by the others, but frame-rate is slowed down substantially to the point of it not really being playable even if I didn't mind the ridiculous graphical glitches. I attached a screenshot to this post so anyone who cares can take a look at what I'm dealing with graphically. The crosshair is a red box, the environment's texture is patchy, snowflakes look like something other than snowflakes... I don't know... But I'm running Windows 7 and I'm almost positive my PC should be strong enough to run this game and the emulator (for instance, I can run Skyrim on high graphics smoothly). I've tried messing with the configuration settings to no end, so if anyone particularly knowledgeable can help me out I would REALLY appreciate it. I hope I haven't been too wordy, but maybe the extended explanation helps in some fashion. I haven't played Nightfire in a long time and would really like to play it again soon. Thanks! Biggrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

EDIT :
Quote:I'm almost positive my PC should be strong enough to run this game and the emulator (for instance, I can run Skyrim on high graphics smoothly)
something you should start with if you don't want to sound ridiculous : don't compare PC games to emulated ones. Skyrim is a Piece of cake to run compared to many emulated PS2 games.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, looking back on that comment, I have no idea why I said that... Haha, that must sound ridiculously foolish. Like I said, I'm not very Savvy with this stuff, only been a PC gamer for a couple of months now so I'm still learning A LOT. But anyway, this is what I've been able to figure out about my PC, if you need further specification on anything let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP:

Computer Information:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1 GHz
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 7025
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
RAM: 4096 MB

PCSX2 Information:
Running version 1.0.0
Rendering with Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Trying to play James Bond 007: Nightfire from an ISO (though Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando has the same problems as Nightfire, both ISO files)

Okay, this is going to be an extremely nooby statement as well, but I'm not 100% sure how to figure out what my CPUs OC'ed speed is. If you need that, let me know and I can figure it out for you. Thanks a bunch!
Hi there
Ive just downloaded PCSX2 so I can play nightfire and im getting the exact same problem youve described.

Have you managed to get it working? If so, how?
Thanks Smile
From what i know this game is broken as hell.
Not even GSDX software mode seems to help it.
From the last tester report this is fine in software mode on a recent svn
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have the same issues as OP. I'm using the latest SVN and just tested with D3D9 Software renderer.

Version 5594. Core i7 2600K, GTX 570, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate x64..
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-James-Bon...=nightfire

apparently it's fine in software mode here using r5546. Although hes probably using the D3D11 software renderer (why are you using DX9 killazys??)

Hmm.. I used the same settings as in that thread except with DX11 Software mode.. same graphical bugs.

I heard DX9 is faster, that's why..
DX9 should never be faster as DX11 has better memory management.