Graphical Problem with AMD Radeon 7670M
Hello guys,

I am emulating the .Hack GU series, and found it is playable, but sometimes drops to 30 fps, which is well, not very good for an action RPG. I have read the sticky thread about what kind of machine can run these games, and found my spec suitable for it:

Core i5 3230M at 2.60GHz
6GB memories.
A lot of page files.
And Radeon HD 7670M.

I suspect that this lag is because of the graphic card, because apparently PCSX2 doesn't detect it, although I have already enable it in the AMD catalyst. I have found a guy who ran into the same problem here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-is-...-my-laptop

But his solution doesn't work for me, as I am now using the lastest SVN. I am using the default setting right now, hopefully you guys have a solution for it.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

what do the ee% & gs% display when getting slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-29-2014, 03:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what do the ee% & gs% display when getting slowdowns ?

EE% at >40 and GS% at >50%.
By the way, thanks for your fast reply Laugh
To me, your problem would be more your CPU.
.Hack GU series can be pretty demanding, and a dual core @ 2.6 ghz may be a bit weak.

This could be a throttling problem too. Disable intel sidestep and maybe (if you have a decent cooler) try using throttlestop.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Wot, I never thought that my machine is not powerful enough for Ps2. But that's that i guess. Thank you for your help Laugh
(04-30-2014, 11:53 AM)deank1991 Wrote: Wot, I never thought that my machine is not powerful enough for Ps2. But that's that i guess. Thank you for your help Laugh

That's the most common miss assumption, your machine is good enough to play most native PC games with reasonable graphic quality because the CPU has just to execute the code and most of the work goes to the video card...

But emulation is totally different animal, the CPU has first to translate the code for a totally different CPU, written to a totally different machine and PS2 is a beast which has not a clear definition about what is CPU task and what's GPU task just to add insult to the injury Smile

Besides, each PS2 game is so different one from the other as PC games are as well. Some are hard on PS2 itself even to the point of having occasional slowdowns. Well, what is meant is your machine can have problems running some games but might run lots of other nicely.
Imagination is where we are truly real