Graphical Problems with Guitar Hero 3
Hello,

I am having graphical problems with two guitar hero games: Guitar Hero 3 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith. My PC specs are: Intel Core I5 @ 2.4 Ghz, Ati Radeon HD 5650, 4gb Ram, Windows 7 x64. I am using pcsx2 0.9.7 - r3878. However on the main screen it says r3876. Regardless, the main concern is the graphical glitch along with a tremendous drop with fps. This is not just limited to guitar hero. Where as other games like Kingdom Hearts or Devil May Cry may not have any graphical glitches of which I am aware of, they do have a drop in fps that does not seem to correlate with my specification. Also I am using a laptop, if that is of any usefulness. If you would like any more information, please let me know and I would happy to provide it. I will upload a picture of the specific graphical glitch in guitar hero. I believe it is gsdx related, as it disappears in software mode direct x 11, unfortunately it is also tremendously slow. It could also be related to some emulation settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.7z   Guitar Hero.7z (Size: 3,86 MB / Downloads: 964)

Sponsored links

Software is the only way to get it right. You will have to set the SkipDraw hack in GSdx to 2 or 3 or higher to remove most of it but it'll also remove most fo the crowd.

See the GSdx > Hacks Subsection in the guide to know how to enable and set the skipdraw setting:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-7#Gfx
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-12-2011, 08:18 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Software is the only way to get it right. You will have to set the SkipDraw hack in GSdx to 2 or 3 or higher to remove most of it but it'll also remove most fo the crowd.

See the GSdx > Hacks Subsection in the guide to know how to enable and set the skipdraw setting:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...v0-9-7#Gfx

Thank you that solved some of the graphical glitches. As you can see from this picture, there is still that one glitch with that random person in the top left corner. However I believe it to be a deeper problem as the fps issue is still not dealt with. I wonder if there are any other tweaks that could tackle the root of this issue which could be the plugin. I do not know what could be wrong with it, as no one else seems to be suffering from an issue like this. I could be mistaken, however. I would appreciate further input. Thank you.

Attached Files
.7z   Guitar Hero 3.7z (Size: 592,44 KB / Downloads: 1.082)