Graphical bugs when running Jak 3 on software mode
Hi everyone,
First of all, I want to thank the devs for all the hard work, PCSX2 just gets better and better! Happy 

I'm running Jak 3 on PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-1276-g3994141 using Opengl software renderer. While the weird shadows issue has been fixed and the game has almost no graphical glitches on software mode, I've noticed that there are some glitches on the Jak character itself. He has green spots on his face and blue ones on his arms, as you can see on the picture that I've attached to this post. Apparently that doesn't happens on the cutscenes, just during gameplay. To be honest, I'm not sure if that glitch also existed on PCSX2 versions before the weird shadows were fixed, but I don't remember seeing this issue before.

By the way, I also tried running it on Direct3D11 software renderer, but this issue persists. I'm running Windows 8.1, and I'm using a Nvidia GTX 750 video card.
Do you guys know if there's any way to fix that issue?

Sponsored links

Unfortunately, there's not a fix for the messed up textures yet. There may be one in the future, but it may take some time. Smile
(09-18-2016, 11:30 PM)CK1 Wrote: Unfortunately, there's not a fix for the messed up textures yet. There may be one in the future, but it may take some time. Smile

Hi CK1, thanks for the reply.

I realize there's not a fix for the texture glitches when running on hardware mode, but I've never saw those glitches when playing Jak 3 on software mode before. In previous releases, there was that weird stretched shadows issue (which has been fixed recently), but as far as I remember this particular glitch wasn't present.

Do you think that maybe it has something to do with the weird shadows glitch that has been fixed?
No, that issue was already there long before the shadows were fixed. You must not have noticed it before. Wink
(09-19-2016, 12:13 AM)FlatOut Wrote: No, that issue was already there long before the shadows were fixed. You must not have noticed it before. Wink

Really? I'm sorry then, I guess the shadows were so annoying that I didn't notice it haha! Laugh
I hope the devs are able to fix those glitches in the future. Apart from that, Jak 3 looks fine on software mode.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Wait. Are texture glitches on the SW or the HW renderer ?
(09-19-2016, 09:46 AM)gregory Wrote: Wait. Are texture glitches on the SW or the HW renderer ?
Both. But it's different on the SW renderer, consisting of mostly green and blue lines/spots on the body of Jak. Whereas in HW the textures on Jak are fully corrupted.
It could be linked to mipmapping. I'm not sure that SW implementation is 100% accurate.
(09-19-2016, 11:35 AM)gregory Wrote: It could be linked to mipmapping. I'm not sure that SW implementation is 100% accurate.
It could be, but it isn't related to camera distance and the corruption does not have a usual mipmapping look.
(09-19-2016, 09:46 AM)gregory Wrote: Wait. Are texture glitches on the SW or the HW renderer ?

Like FlatOut said, both renderers have texture glitches, but, as far as I can tell, the only glitch present on the software renderer is the one I mentioned, green and blue spots on Jak's body.
Also, I always leave mipmapping enabled when playing on software mode and this glitch still happens. If the glitch was related to mipmapping, shouldn't enabling mipmapping fix it?