Graphical bugs when running Jak 3 on software mode
Quote:Also, I always leave mipmapping enabled when playing on software mode and this glitch still happens. If the glitch was related to mipmapping, shouldn't enabling mipmapping fix it?
what do you mean by "enabling mipmapping" ?
care to post a screenshot ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(09-20-2016, 06:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what do you mean by "enabling mipmapping" ?

You can disable/enable (default: enabled) mipmapping in software mode with Insert key.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-20-2016, 09:55 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You can disable/enable (default: enabled) mipmapping in software mode with Insert key.
Or just in the GSdx plugin settings menu.
(09-20-2016, 12:04 AM)Atsix Wrote: If the glitch was related to mipmapping, shouldn't enabling mipmapping fix it?

It isn't that easy. Mipmapping implies tri-linear filtering which is slow. So potentially Gabest didn't implement a 100% bit accurate mipmapping. Now based on this thread feedback, it seems to be another issue. By any change, did someone try Zerogs/ZZogl behavior ?
(09-20-2016, 11:45 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Or just in the GSdx plugin settings menu.

Oh right, I forgot that was added in there.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-20-2016, 12:10 PM)gregory Wrote: It isn't that easy. Mipmapping implies tri-linear filtering which is slow. So potentially Gabest didn't implement a 100% bit accurate mipmapping. Now based on this thread feedback, it seems to be another issue. By any change, did someone try Zerogs/ZZogl behavior ?

I see. I tried using the Zerogs plugin which came bundled with PCSX2 1.2.1. It has many of the same issues present when running on GSDX on hardware mode, like the black characters eyes and the messed up colors. But it doesn't has the green spots on Jak's face and ears. Also, Jak's arms are all "colorful", but I noticed that if I moved the camera to the left or right, blue spots will appear on his arms, instead of the messed colors. I've also encountered those blue spots when playing on GSDX software mode. You can see what I mean in the pictures I've attached:

Just comparison screenshots between OGL HW and SW renderer. As you can see in HW mode the colour of Jak's face is fine, in SW it's yellow-green. (Besides other things)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It feels like a shadow of light. Could you test latest git, with the new HW mipmap option. It will be easier to compare. Actually a gs dump of your first screen will be nice. This way I could really compare it side by side.

That being said maybe Jak got tatoo Tongue2
Here is the dump + intro as a bonus Tongue2 When you switch to SW and then back to HW the intro looks better (not perfect). And the eyes ingame are probably fine after switching between SW and HW.
Dumps are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing 
I hope it works

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-24-2016, 01:45 PM)pepiczech Wrote: Just comparison screenshots between OGL HW and SW renderer. As you can see in HW mode the colour of Jak's face is fine, in SW it's yellow-green. (Besides other things)

Yes, that's the same problem I'm having. Jak's arms also have blue lines/spots in software mode.