Graphical bugs when running Jak 3 on software mode
There are various texture cache issue like R&C actually. The bad color is a random texture data. Could be a core bug too or maybe a wrong palette upload.

Sponsored links

Texture cache, of course. That doesn't sound good.
I merge a branch that fix some issue on palette management. Maybe you could give a quick trial. Unlikely to fix anything but you know sometimes it happens
(09-27-2016, 10:09 AM)gregory Wrote: There are various texture cache issue like R&C actually. The bad color is a random texture data. Could be a core bug too or maybe a wrong palette upload.

I didn't know texture cache could affect the software renderer, I thought it only affected HW mode. Huh
Well it is complicated. I will try to look later after some mipmap stuff.
See latest post
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1561

I have a proof there is some bug in the texture mapping on mipmap stuff.
So maybe this was not texture cache related?
Here the visual of the bug.

So the game does a copy of the palette with a draw call (aka GS write).

On the right you have the input texture. On the left panel (top left corner), you have the blitted palette which ough to be a copy.

On HW:
* We don't support GS write to the palette. Multiple games are affected, it would be nice to find a solution or maybe a way to invalidate the texure (potentially with a hack)

On SW:
* as you can see, there is a rounding issue, the palette seems to be shifted by 1 pixels.

Edit: the block is 16x16 pixels. And texure coordinate range from 0 to 1. Which I think is translated to [0;16] range (17 texels) and GS rounding will likely take only 16.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is it the only jak affected?
Jak II has the same issue, but it is less noticeable.