Graphical bugs when running Jak 3 on software mode
(09-30-2016, 06:47 PM)gregory Wrote: I potentially found a solution for the HW renderer (aka a CRC hack).

However too bad, the eye is a sub-rt issue (aka the main texture cache issue).

That's great! Biggrin
Do you have any idea how to fix this glitch on the software renderer?

Sponsored links

Not really. I don't want to add crc hack to the sw renderer. I'm not even sure it is fixable.
(10-01-2016, 12:21 AM)gregory Wrote: Not really. I don't want to add crc hack to the sw renderer.

Why not? Do you think that the CRC hacks would slow down the SW renderer?
I don't want to open the pandora box.
(10-01-2016, 03:40 PM)gregory Wrote: I don't want to open the pandora box.

I see haha Laugh  
Well, I hope someone can find a way to fix it on SW mode too. As far as I've noticed, this is the only glitch left on Jak 3 when running on SW renderer.
Well. And hw misses the eyes. Dunno if a hack can be created on this one
(10-01-2016, 06:06 PM)gregory Wrote: Well. And hw misses the eyes. Dunno if a hack can be created on this one

The black eyes in HW mode are so annoying... what exactly makes them so hard to emulate on PCSX2?
Well it is fairly basic. The game render some texture on framebuffer at adresse A. And then read back it as address B (which is A + an offset). The texture cache fails to detect it.
(10-01-2016, 08:46 PM)gregory Wrote: Well it is fairly basic. The game render some texture on framebuffer at adresse A. And then read back it as address B (which is A + an offset). The texture cache fails to detect it.

Ah yes, a texture cache issue. I heard it is pretty complex to fix them...
Well, I hope you guys are able to fix either the black eyes in HW mode or the Jak's body in SW mode in the future, so we could finally emulate Jak 3 on PCSX2 without graphic glitches! That would be amazing! Smile
@Atsix, we have found a solution to fix the SW mode texture rounding. Code isn't merged yet in master but you can follow the topic on github https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1843 (you can even use a build from this branch). Anyway it is a matter of days before it is integrated on the bot build.