Graphical glitches/audio lags
This is my first time on the forums and using the PCSX2 emulator, so please be kind if I missed a very blatant answer.

Here's my computer specs:

Windows 7 x64 Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 Ghz
6 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

I've only been trying to play one game (it's really the only reason I got the emulator) so I cannot tell you if I have this issue with multiple titles. Everything is on default settings right now, everytime the game comes on, even at the PS2 screen sometimes) the graphics start acting funny. I'm going to attach a screenshot to to this post, but the audio glitches and the buildings look bad. It's got to be graphics settings but I've been messing with it for about an hour and I will now defer to experts. Thanks so much for any assistance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

well the slowdown ( lagging audio and skipping video ) are caused by not enough CPU power the best you can do is to activate speed hacks ( all the recommended ones and a bit of VU cycling and EE cycle rate ) and if you know how , OC your CPU as well will help Smile

you can download the latest SVN from home page and activate the new Speedhack MTVU which allow PCSX2 to utilize a 3rd core Smile

about the graphic glitch try the following :
1- use "D3D11 ( Hardware )" as a render
2- use native resolution by ticking the box "native"
3- tick the box "allow 8 bit textures"

all of this can be found in Config > VIDEO > Plugin settings
(07-16-2012, 09:39 AM)abdo123 Wrote: well the slowdown ( lagging audio and skipping video ) are caused by not enough CPU power the best you can do is to activate speed hacks ( all the recommended ones and a bit of VU cycling and EE cycle rate ) and if you know how , OC your CPU as well will help Smile

you can download the latest SVN from home page and activate the new Speedhack MTVU which allow PCSX2 to utilize a 3rd core Smile

about the graphic glitch try the following :
1- use "D3D11 ( Hardware )" as a render
2- use native resolution by ticking the box "native"
3- tick the box "allow 8 bit textures"

all of this can be found in Config > VIDEO > Plugin settings

I appreciate the response! Again, sorry for the ignorance, what does SVN stand for? I have the latest version of PCSX2 (0.9.8) but I didn't see any MTVU hacks under speedhacks. Only MVU hacks.

I did what you said with the graphical glitches and that was a no go Sad

Also just a side question: not enough CPU power causes the lag? That seems outrageous to me, as this is a PS2 game and my computer runs all modern games like a boss. Do you think setting the PCSX2 process to priority in my Task Manager would help then?

EDIT: Found the SVN's on the front page, went right past them like a derp. Looks like the latest downloadable build is r5336?
Native Pc games and Emulation shouldn't be compared, Pc games dont require emulation of All its components to run, The Pcsx2 emulates all of the Ps2`s components with takes a lot of cpu power, and on top of that it then had to have enough cpu and gpu grunt to run the game itself.
Also your not running the latest version, get the latest svn here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-17-2012, 12:36 AM)omnikam Wrote: Native Pc games and Emulation shouldn't be compared, Pc games dont require emulation of All its components to run, The Pcsx2 emulates all of the Ps2`s components with takes a lot of cpu power, and on top of that it then had to have enough cpu and gpu grunt to run the game itself.
Also your not running the latest version, get the latest svn here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

I downloaded installed and setup the newest version the way you said (with the third core hack) and the speed increase is noticeable. I still get lag issues though when the action picks up.

Aside from that the graphics issues are still there, anymore recommendations? Biggrin
You could try skipdraw hack for it, go to config>video(GS)>plugin settings... check enable hardware hacks and click configure near it. Then try typing some values(accepting each time to check the result), try some low ones like 1 or 5.
That hack skips problematic graphics, but I guess your game isn't soo popular here, soo cannot point you to any exact known solution. That hack can also increase the speed if the slowdowns are caused by glitchy graphics, but yeah each game have different requirements and your hardware isn't really soo powerfull in ps2 emulation standards. Having that quad at higher clocks would probably help, but I wouldn't really recommend overclocking if you don't have any experience with it.

It's possible those problems cannot be fixed at all. Emulation is imperfect, through alot of games are working pretty much perfectly by default nowadays, many have to get customized fixes, and more popular games are of course in far better situation.