Graphics Card
(12-01-2014, 11:46 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Honestly I've never been a fan of AMD CPUs so my recommendation would always be to go for an Intel CPU instead, especially for emulation & core performance lol. But that'd involve getting a new motherboard too.

Hmm it seems like it would be cheaper to get a PS3 and play it on there.
Thanks for the advice though.

Sponsored links

250~300 dollar for a PS3
Useful for console gaming, but that's it.

50~100 dollar for a mobo
150~200 for a cpu
Useful for everything from pc gaming to video editing, to emulating ps2 games. Wink

I know what I'd get. Of course eventually I ended up with both options in the end... but I went with PC parts first before the console, because I find my comp more important than a console.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Since you have an A6-6400k, it means your motherboard has a FM2 socket. If you want a "cheap" upgrade I would recommend an A10-6800k (or a 7850k).
(12-01-2014, 11:53 PM)Ryudo Wrote: 250~300 dollar for a PS3
Useful for console gaming, but that's it.

50~100 dollar for a mobo
150~200 for a cpu
Useful for everything from pc gaming to video editing, to emulating ps2 games. Wink

I know what I'd get. Of course eventually I ended up with both options in the end... but I went with PC parts first before the console, because I find my comp more important than a console.

Well your right that a PC is much better for almost everything but ive seen some PS3's pretty cheap.
Ill probably not buy anything for now but ill most likely buy PC parts if I save up enough money. Im playing Persona 3 FES now and its not running that bad.
(12-01-2014, 11:59 PM)monsterjamp Wrote: Since you have an A6-6400k, it means your motherboard has a FM2 socket. If you want a "cheap" upgrade I would recommend an A10-6800k (or a 7850k).

If I just buy a FM2 CPU can I just put it in the computer or would I need reinstall windows?
No need to reinstall windows, I would highly recommend searching YouTube for "how to install CPU" if you've never done this before.
(12-02-2014, 12:10 AM)monsterjamp Wrote: No need to reinstall windows, I would highly recommend searching YouTube for "how to install CPU" if you've never done this before.

Yep ill do that thanks for the help.
Actually I have a similar question.

I'm currently rocking an i7 2600 (stock 3.4 ghz, 3.8 ghz in turbo) with a GTX 560 but I'm going to ditch the GPU for a 970 GTX. Will that benefit me in any way when using PCSX2? While certainly not the case with all games most of the games I've tried ran on a solid 60 fps in native resolution (with hyper threading turned off, PCSX2 doesn't seem to like that pretty much) but when I try to upscale games to 1080p and antialiasing comes a performance hit. Some less demanding games like the Mortal Kombat titles and Serious Sam Next Encounter can take it but for example right now I'm playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2 version is awesome) I can't really go much higher than the native. In every other case it would be obvious that the GPU is the missing link here but I have no idea how PCSX2 responds to more video card horsepower.
(12-03-2014, 04:00 AM)Zaxx Wrote: Actually I have a similar question.

I'm currently rocking an i7 2600 (stock 3.4 ghz, 3.8 ghz in turbo) with a GTX 560 but I'm going to ditch the GPU for a 970 GTX. Will that benefit me in any way when using PCSX2? While certainly not the case with all games most of the games I've tried ran on a solid 60 fps in native resolution (with hyper threading turned off, PCSX2 doesn't seem to like that pretty much) but when I try to upscale games to 1080p and antialiasing comes a performance hit. Some less demanding games like the Mortal Kombat titles and Serious Sam Next Encounter can take it but for example right now I'm playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2 version is awesome) I can't really go much higher than the native. In every other case it would be obvious that the GPU is the missing link here but I have no idea how PCSX2 responds to more video card horsepower.

please, open your own thread.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-03-2014, 05:12 AM)s.sakash Wrote: please, open your own thread.

Sure thing, I thought it would not be worth a new topic but why not.