Graphics glitches in FFX (r5434)
I'm getting colored lines a couple of pixels wide while playing the game all over the edges of the screen sometimes (wish I had a screenshot to link right now but I'm too lazy to open Steam again for it: it's basically like how a PS1 game would look like in ePSXe without a flicker fix border). In addition, I rarely get colored outlines around character's eyes (so far only noticed it happening with Tidus's HQ model) - only like 1 pixel wide, but it's noticeable.

Any ideas? I'm running the game on 1600x900 internal res D3D11 hardware mode SSE2 fullscreen, texture filtering is on, CRC hacks are enabled (MSAA 2x), and I'm using a colored FXAA shader (although toggling it on/off has no effect on these glitches). Graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6740G2 (6620G + 6650M in dual graphics crossfire) with Catalyst 12.8 drivers, semi-recent.

I'm using the recommended default speedhacks + EE cycle rate 3x and VU cycle stealing 1 to the right.

Sponsored links

try disabling the speedhacks?
I second warweeny on this.
Setting ee cycle rate to 3 is a bad idea if your specs don't need it.
Same for vu cycle stealing : better not use it unless your pc is really weak.

Both of those speedhacks are likely to cause those kind of glitches.
2 things more :
- you didnt mention what your cpu is.
- it's highly possible you're pushing graphical enhancements too high.
Keep in mind pcsx2 wont take advantage of crossfire technology.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
is setting ee cyclerate to 2 instead of 3 ok?
None of the cycle hacks are good. Keep them disabled if your pc doesn't require them.
hi guys im experiencing shaking on character models, is this normal?
Fixed my glitches by turning off MSAA. Speedhacks did not matter.
umm sorry but what is MSAA?
Multi-sample Anti-Aliasing
is that a graphics card feature?