Graphics : high aliasing
Hello,

I finally got my new PC (i5 2500K, Geforce 570GTX and 8Gb RAM) and PCSX2 is just great on it =) but... there's a but(t). The graphics are fluid, fast, and good... but with a ***** of aliasing :/ I have, of course, a HD monitor, but can I do something in the plugins to not have all this alisaing ? Here's a picture.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1656/pcsx2.png

Thank you for your help !

Izzi

Sponsored links

My first guess is that you're playing on native resolution which is actually 512x512 (looks much better on a CRT TV, huh?).

If you go into your graphics plugin settings (config>Graphics (GS)>Plugin Settings) you can increase the resolution of the game (although this might cause some small graphical bugs but usually nothing major - keep in mind that CGI cutscenes will not be upscaled). If you have r4828 or later, you can use FXAA, which is a form of postprocessing which smooths the picture. You can activate that using "Pg Up" after you get the build from here.

Try 3x Scaling and FXAA, looks amazing.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
you can increasse the scaling option or gsdx internal res to reduce it.
But since it's a PS2 game, you will always have a bit of aliasing whatever you do.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Alright, thank you Smile
Which Renderer should I use ?

I've written 1920x1080 for the internal resolution, but when I start the game, the window still says "512x512" :/
Use DirectX 11 if possible. Hardware and Software choices depend if you have any Graphical Glitches within the game you're running & what your hardware is capable of.

Don't read the Window Title, that's just showing the Game's original resolution. It has nothing to do with what you set as Internal Resolution in GSDX.

FXAA is awesome. It *barely* has any speed disadvantages. I'll use that any day unless I have a problem with it xD
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
(07-27-2011, 06:37 PM)NoVaX1000 Wrote: Use DirectX 11 if possible. Hardware and Software choices depend if you have any Graphical Glitches within the game you're running & what your hardware is capable of.

Don't read the Window Title, that's just showing the Game's original resolution. It has nothing to do with what you set as Internal Resolution in GSDX.

FXAA is awesome. It *barely* has any speed disadvantages. I'll use that any day unless I have a problem with it xD

he will never have speed disadvantages caused by FXAA ( with most games ) he have 570 GTX if he can run it without he can run it with it and it is possible to run DX11 Wink ( unless he is using windows older than 7 which i doubt )
(07-27-2011, 06:46 PM)abdo123 Wrote: he will never have speed disadvantages caused by FXAA ( with most games ) he have 570 GTX if he can run it without he can run it with it and it is possible to run DX11 Wink ( unless he is using windows older than 7 which i doubt )
Oops. Totally forgot his specs while I was writing my message.
My bad, rofl.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
you will have problems with it if you find yourself shader limited in a game......