Graphics plugin issue.
Ok long story short, I updated to the latest pcsx2 just now and had Metal Gear Solid 3 running but something is bothering me. On my plugins list I am only able to select GSdx sse2 or GS null as is my understanding I should be able to support GSdx Sse4 though..or at the very least sse3 I have a Phenom II X6 and im looking at the sse list and it supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a (I don't know if 4a is ...an AMD replacement for SSE4.1 or what.) but at the very least I should be able to use SSE3 but the option is grayed out, any ideas? If it matters I am also using an eVGA 250gts.

Thanks for any help someone can offer.

Sponsored links

Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMD has to date not implemented the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets on any of their CPUs.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oh my mistake I thought the SSSE3 might of been a typo blasted AMD, but its just a speed related issue then? It wont make games look more accurate? cause I found Metal Gear playable in terms of speed, but there is alot of very dark brown/black blotches all over the ground and trees.

[Image: examples.jpg]

I think the notification I circled might be the issue?
Should look fine with the software renderer (press F9 while playing).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Sadly it becomes unplayable like that, well thank you very much for the help.