Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
(09-23-2013, 05:32 AM)sean_skroht Wrote: I have, but I'll keep plugging away at it and see what I can do. Smile To me the problem seems to have increased with the WHQL drivers, so when I get time I'll try again. Just a tad busy building a cabin at the moment. Smile

It could also be a PCSX2 issue which happens more with the new driver. Did you also try PCSX2 v1.0? or even 0.98?

Sponsored links

was caputred with fraps, i dont have capture card. This problem never happened with 314.07 whql drivers but happens with 327.23 whql, And like I said this happens with the initial splash screen of swtor at random but it extremely RARE. If this is issue with PCSX2 it is extremely old. As this happens with 1.0.0 build Which again it never happened with 314.07 whql.

Its a driver issue, Though it seem to much more rare on pc gaming side.

I have yet to be able to capture this effect in the intitial splash screen of SWTOR due to happen so rarely. ( seen this happen 3 times since I installed them) but in PCSX2 I reproduce in the the first Movie in VP2 before I even get to the start menu All the time
like to add that switching to software mode f9 and that zooming stops would also seem to only effect FMV at lest in VP2 as that the only ps2 game i have that seems to do this
Okay, reproduced it here using VP2 with 326.41 beta.
Edit: And 327.23 WHQL. This sucks :/
(09-27-2013, 10:12 AM)rama Wrote: Okay, reproduced it here using VP2 with 326.41 beta.
Edit: And 327.23 WHQL. This sucks :/

Thanks rama for letting us know. It's kind of a relief (in a twisted sort of way Smile ) that someone else has been able to reproduce it. In the very limited amount of time I've had lately I've been going nuts unsuccessfully trying to capture the issue in a GSDump.
You guys are in a better position to know whats going on. Does it look like it's a bug with the latest nVidia drivers?
The latest true stable nvidia driver is 314.22. Many people have problems with the recent ones
(09-27-2013, 06:01 PM)gmastar Wrote: The latest true stable nvidia driver is 314.22. Many people have problems with the recent ones

Might be so but I had issues with those too. which why i go back to 314.07 if I have too switch back from the 327.23 Pretty sure this zoom bug is the drivers as I mentioned this happens on the Swtor Initial splash screen at pure random and VERY RARE on top of that(so rare in fact that i have been unable to get video of it happening ) but in VP2 it is reproducible on demand.

I think only way Nvidia will address this is if one of the Dev's of the emulator gets in touch with ManualG and come up with way to reproduce this that they wont deem illegal cause he stance was they cant do anything about do to that.
(09-18-2013, 01:46 AM)avih Wrote: GSdumpGUI is a stand-alone dotNET project whose source code is part of PCSX2 but its binary isn't distributed with PCSX2 since it has no use for end users, so I'm attaching a version here. It's GPL and you can send it to them.

You could find instructions on how to create a GS dump here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

Note: since it's intermittent, maybe if you capture the place where it sometimes happen (even if your capture didn't "see the bug"), you might still be able to reproduce the bug sometimes while replaying the dump with this tool.

A lot of ifs and definitely some work, but worth a try IMO.

I'm glad to try capturing it - I can reproduce it quite frequently in Mushihimesama. The instructions you link to only capture a couple of frames though, and since the bug only lasts about a frame I really can't capture it that way. Is there a way to do a longer GS capture?
(09-28-2013, 07:12 AM)Misty Wrote: I'm glad to try capturing it - I can reproduce it quite frequently in Mushihimesama. The instructions you link to only capture a couple of frames though, and since the bug only lasts about a frame I really can't capture it that way. Is there a way to do a longer GS capture?

Press the capture key few times in succession. But apparently, so far capturing this stretch didn't work. But maybe you'll succeed.
No need for captures guys, it's simple to reproduce by starting VP2 and letting the intro run a second or 2.
I'll try going back a few driver revisions to see if I can find out when it started.