Gray box around video, can't play any games.
(09-21-2014, 10:02 PM)gregory Wrote: Hum, go to GSdx configuration 2nd tab (advance setting), try to force-disable extension one by one (always keep separate shader disabled).

Unfortunately, none of them change anything.

Sponsored links

I pushed some fixed for openGLES. Give it a try in a debug build. If it doesn't work, provide me the Debug.txt file (if it isn't empty),.
(09-22-2014, 09:35 AM)gregory Wrote: I pushed some fixed for openGLES. Give it a try in a debug build. If it doesn't work, provide me the Debug.txt file (if it isn't empty),.

Unfortunately, the new git fixes didn't help and Debug.txt is empty. Is there any more info I can provide?
Well honestly I would have been surprised if the issue was fixed.

Did you try to resize the windows in various way? Disabling compose stuff? PCSX2 seems to work as you can see in both side. I don't know why it seems the screen isn't refreshed!
(09-22-2014, 11:00 PM)gregory Wrote: Well honestly I would have been surprised if the issue was fixed.

Did you try to resize the windows in various way? Disabling compose stuff? PCSX2 seems to work as you can see in both side. I don't know why it seems the screen isn't refreshed!

Yeah, I tried changing every option and resizing the window in various ways. It's very possible it's a bug in Mesa, if it could be. If it could be, do you have any information I can give to the mesa devs?
Would it be possible to try older mesa version? I know that some people manage to get it working on Intel (and potentially on AMD too).
(09-22-2014, 11:11 PM)gregory Wrote: Would it be possible to try older mesa version? I know that some people manage to get it working on Intel (and potentially on AMD too).

Sorry for the long delay, I reinstalled my OS today, and everything works with the same mesa version I had before. Must have been my computer. Thanks for trying.
Nice
case closed, then ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Close the github ticket too Smile
Was the cause of this ever found? I'm having the same exact issue after the update from the ppa yesterday. So far I've tried both video plugins ZZ OGL, and GSdx(hardware and software mode). I've tried setting all of the OpenGL settings under the advanced tab in GSdx to force-disable, and also tried them individually. I've tried turning off all speed hacks, and game fixes, and I've tried removing my pcsx2 folder to try with all default settings. Nothing seems to get rid of the grey box.

Here are my specs
Processor: I7 920
GPU: Nvidia 650 Ti
GPU Proprietary driver version: 340.64

Edit: Forgot to mention I can see(I can see small strips of video to the left and right of the grey box) and hear the games running like OP.

Edit2: I installed pcsx2-unstable from the ppa on another computer with an amd gpu and proprietary driver installed, and I get the same grey box.

Edit3: Not sure if this helps but changing the aspect ratio changes the shape of the box.

4:3 http://i.imgur.com/dYGKD75.png

16:9 http://i.imgur.com/iMJA3wd.png

If I stretch the window some more in 4:3 it looks like this http://i.imgur.com/RC363ia.png