Great Emulator
Just a update, new drivers did not fix it. And my TV out still doesnt work...Worked fine on XP, yet nada on Vista...God do I hate vista. Closedeyes

Sponsored links

The Gsdx "experimental" AA works fine here on any games I've played so far, including FFX, no crashes whatsoever. I have the PAL versions of the games if that matters. Usually keep it off for more fps in more demanding games, but it works.

Videocard/OS: Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670 XT 1 GB (default drivers), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Ah well I guess it's experimental for a reason Tongue

It would probably help if anyone with the crash problem finds if it worked in any earlier revision.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
At last, a productive suggestion Wink so hopefully a productive reply, though it probably belongs in the GSDX/bug-reports threads.

So, with GSDX 2693, 2817 and 2897 (SSE4.1 build when possible, w32pthreads[.v3].dll required at exe dir) AA is not crashing and is effective: tried 2, 4 and 8 with native resolution. AAx8 had a heavy FPS penalty (50% speed drop) but it's working.

On GSDX 3068 and later revisions (tried also 3183 and 3296) it crashes immediately for me. Tested with PCSX2 0.97.3113 and also with a later 0.97.3184 - same results. With 3113 I also tested the SSE2 build of GSDX 3068 - also immediate crash.

I don't have GSDX builds between 2897 and 3068.

I use DX9, fully updated to latest revision. Rest of the system is stock as appears on my sig.

emuLog.txt doesn't contain anything meaningful. The last related (IMO) message is that all the plugins were initialized successfully. It doesn't seem related to any game since it also happens when just booting the Bios. To me it seems that it crashes as soon as GSDX is trying to update the screen for the 1st time when in AA>0.

Another thing I noticed, unrelated to this issue but related to "artificial" visual quality enhancements - is that it could benefit from mipmaps/Anisotropic filtering. Maybe it's possible to externally force the driver to do it itself, maybe.
(06-30-2010, 03:50 AM)avih Wrote: At last, a productive suggestion Wink so hopefully a productive reply, though it probably belongs in the GSDX/bug-reports threads.

So, with GSDX 2693, 2817 and 2897 (SSE4.1 build when possible, w32pthreads[.v3].dll required at exe dir) AA is not crashing and is effective: tried 2, 4 and 8 with native resolution. AAx8 had a heavy FPS penalty (50% speed drop) but it's working.

On GSDX 3068 and later revisions (tried also 3183 and 3296) it crashes immediately for me. Tested with PCSX2 0.97.3113 and also with a later 0.97.3184 - same results. With 3113 I also tested the SSE2 build of GSDX 3068 - also immediate crash.

I don't have GSDX builds between 2897 and 3068.

I use DX9, fully updated to latest revision. Rest of the system is stock as appears on my sig.

emuLog.txt doesn't contain anything meaningful. The last related (IMO) message is that all the plugins were initialized successfully. It doesn't seem related to any game since it also happens when just booting the Bios. To me it seems that it crashes as soon as GSDX is trying to update the screen for the 1st time when in AA>0.

Another thing I noticed, unrelated to this issue but related to "artificial" visual quality enhancements - is that it could benefit from mipmaps/Anisotropic filtering. Maybe it's possible to externally force the driver to do it itself, maybe.

Where can I get the 3000 release of GSDX at, DX9 and 10 version preferably. I looked on this forum, and with google and didnt find much.
You can get GSdx r2693 from the official plugins pack released at 2010-03. It's relatively stable and I haven't noticed a difference from r3000 (using DX9), though I didn't test 3000 extensively. Other than that, it's recommended that you compile it yourself if you need an unofficial build, or you can google for daily PCSX2 builds, and you might find close enough revisions including plugins, hopefully dependable and virus-free. Not recommended though if you're just starting to play around with PCSX2, and you probably won't get any support for such configurations.

May I ask why do you need GSdx r3000?
(07-03-2010, 02:05 AM)avih Wrote: You can get GSdx r2693 from the official plugins pack released at 2010-03. It's relatively stable and I haven't noticed a difference from r3000 (using DX9), though I didn't test 3000 extensively. Other than that, it's recommended that you compile it yourself if you need an unofficial build, or you can google for daily PCSX2 builds, and you might find close enough revisions including plugins, hopefully dependable and virus-free. Not recommended though if you're just starting to play around with PCSX2, and you probably won't get any support for such configurations.

May I ask why do you need GSdx r3000?

Last stable release with AA that I have heard of. Ill try 2693, thx.
Well gave it a go, and the AA in that release does work. Dragon quest 8 is something of a ***** on my gpu it turns out...So probably going to keep it off.