Green/Red Lines in MGS3: Snake Eater
Hello,

I'm trying to play MGS 3: Snake Eater but I have problems with Hardware rendering via Direct3D(I Tried 9 and 11 but same problem occurs), when I try OpenGL it's even worse. What removes those lines is using software rendering but then graphics is so bad that I literally can't see a thing because of how darks things are so it's uplayable. 

Those lines are not in menu or submenus. But they appear in-game and cutscenes.

Specs: 8GM RAM
          i5 4460 3.2Ghz Quad-Core
          GIGABYTE GTX 960 4GB

I tried several fixes I found via google like skipdraw, different configurations of GSx plugin but problem persists.

EDIT: On the screen you can see those lines aren't taking that much space but in cutscenes they are like whole bottom half of the screen, so it's quiet annoying. Sometimes they got bigger in-game too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

1.4 or latest git ? For OpenGL, you need accurate blending. And you could try various CRC setting.
(07-11-2017, 03:51 PM)gregory Wrote: 1.4 or latest git ? For OpenGL, you need accurate blending. And you could try various CRC setting.

I have newest PCSX2. I tried all crc settings and none helped. About blending, only time it actually gets fixed is when I use "Ultra" setting on it, but my PC is not that good to handle it so whole game is in slowmotion, maybe 25% of actual speed. Sad
Only the first level of accurate blending should be enough. Do you have the PAL or the NTSC version ? And how behave older version ?
(07-11-2017, 05:38 PM)gregory Wrote: Only the first level of accurate blending should be enough. Do you have the PAL or the NTSC version ? And how behave older version ?
Game is NTSC version.
Actually when I tried to use older versions of PCSX, my controller didn't work at all. I didn't try to fix it in those versions because it works in 1.4 (newest I could find).

EDIT: Ok, I managed to fix it. I really don't know where the issue was. I reinstalled PXSX2 (1.4) and tried different BIOS (previous one was from 2002, the one I tried now is from 2004) and now I have no lines/stripes anywhere. I really don't know if that fixed it, but it's fixed. Anyhow thanks for helping out, man. Smile
We do not support piracy.

Good bye.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5