Gsdx-3D: Stereoscopy Patch
(06-29-2018, 10:34 AM)masterotaku Wrote: The 3D plugin is dead/frozen and it's a lot of work to update the source code and add the extra options to the GUI. Your best option currently is using my 3D Vision mod, which doesn't depend on old GSdx builds or anything and lets you fix/disable effects manually, apart from other features.

As long as you have a Nvidia GPU, you should use it. it supports 3D Vision, SBS, TAB, interlaced, and anaglyph.

Every once in a while I test new PCSX2 versions in case the shader code changes (I use regex to find/replace their code). For now everything is working.

Hi. I posted on your website a few days ago. Someone replied and it made me realize I was mistaken about what this plugin offers. I was under the impression this app/plugin was for VR only. Then I realized this has nothing to do with VR, it's for something that can be enjoyed on normal monitor displays from Nvidia called 3D Vision. I wasn't even aware of what 3D Vision was until that gentlemen responded in your forum and set the record straight lol. Sorry for the confusion.

With that having been said, I *do* hope VORPX can get their act together someday and incorporate proper VR support with 3D Geometry mode available for PCSX2.

Sponsored links

(06-30-2018, 02:50 AM)Isamu Wrote: Hi. I posted on your website a few days ago. Someone replied and it made me realize I was mistaken about what this plugin offers. I was under the impression this app/plugin was for VR only. Then I realized this has nothing to do with VR, it's for something that can be enjoyed on normal monitor displays from Nvidia called 3D Vision. I wasn't even aware of what 3D Vision was until that gentlemen responded in your forum and set the record straight lol. Sorry for the confusion.

With that having been said, I *do* hope VORPX can get their act together someday and incorporate proper VR support with 3D Geometry mode available for PCSX2.

In case you didn't see my answer there (I don't get notifications from that blog, for example), I'm pasting it here:

I found this (https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonl...3d_vr_mod/) to make the 3D Vision fix of Elder Scrolls Online work in VR. Maybe it's the method you need to make this work, Julian, because you can make my PCSX2 fix display in SBS.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
I am just occasionally went here wanted to see any news about GSdx3D.dll The last one I used was 68m, developed 5 years ago by Under Moon: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-in...-3D?page=3 [I've started to play 2 years ago, and played since that time very rare, slowly changing games, all my great hopes are still for the future]

I remembered it was making probably the most beautiful anaglyph stereo effect in existence. Maybe it was because of ps2 versions of games, or maybe I was too young, and couldn't configure everything else. At least I am sure it was competitive with Nvidia Vision [yesterday wanted to try again to compare, and an instead found another related amazing discover]. 

Another amazing related discover is that every recent progress that was made for pcsx2, especially for softwareExcl mode is working with TriDef through it's "lucky config" and pcsx2 dx9 plugin [pleease11 Keep it alive for pcsx2 1.6.0   ''T 0 T]

Especially for software mode - because GSdx3D worked for hardware mode games only.

"Lucky Config" for Tridef is:
1) GUI Threshold 1 [or any positive. No difference]
2) Turn on Power3D, click 'esc' to hide gameplay window or alt-tab, then turn Power3D off, and again 'esc' or alt-tab - to make anaglyph effect finaly turned on.

3) it is optinal. I suggest it turn on if you can't configure to see a comfortable stereo. "Swap Left\Right". It will work with glasses left.Red -> right.Cyan. By default Tridef might be left.Cyan -> right.Red

p.s. I've also tried to get TriDef work with directx11 - but no luck here.
As well as for default configuration [not a recent developed one] of Nvidia Vision and iz3D.
After some time will try Helifax OpenGL Wrapper as well, because it's known to work good in ppsspp and citra.
[though it will skip frames, but it's still enjoyable]

// I'v seen also updates on Nvidia Vision method. Thank you very much! Will try it too
I know from my recent experience that Nvidia Vision is really amazing. But it's always require external monitorExcl. I can't just walk in another corner of the room with laptop for example. Or to show it's to a friend from another room. Or to take laptop outside. Or maybe this new Nvidia Vision method with the help of SpecialK has some workaround? [anyway will try my best. Thank you again!]
(01-22-2019, 03:30 PM)Dukatti Wrote: Another amazing related discover is that every recent progress that was made for pcsx2, especially for softwareExcl mode is working with TriDef through it's "lucky config" and pcsx2 dx9 plugin [pleease11 Keep it alive for pcsx2 1.6.0   ''T 0 T]

You know that all those screenshots you posted are 100% flat, right? They are at depth, but left and right images are exactly the same (I'm glad I also have anaglyph glasses to check that Tongue2). They can't compare to something like this (sorry for the screwed up HUD. It's fixable with some manual tweaking):

[Image: pcsx2003.jpg]

The reason is that software mode can't be stereoized, at least with external tools like 3Dmigoto. It doesn't see any vertex shaders. At least the black frame insertion feature I made works, because there are some pixel shaders that control the whole image.

About my PCSX2 fix for 3D Vision, I'm updating it now, because some of the basic vertex shaders changed. It was easy to refix, but I want to put some new features. It will be ready today or tomorrow.
(01-22-2019, 08:58 PM)masterotaku Wrote: left and right images are exactly the same 
Then - maybe these would be easier to see =)

Or maybe these:
[edited post after seeing your screenshot with right picture slightly left and vice versa]

I know, that Nvidia Vision and Under Moon versions are producing most beautiful results [with focus placing characters outside a screen, closer to a viewer, and horizon and other buildings far far away inside the screen] [I call it "most beautiful", but I think there does exist different stereo modes with different classification per depth values, per focus and per near/far stuff. What are the names of them?] [even TriDef can be more flatish with Power3D on - it looks the same as anaglyphed 2d photo images]

Anyway thank you for a development of plugin for Nvidia Vision!1 
I mean that it's most beautiful version while a person have external monitor and Nvidia,
and I think TriDef is worthy when game is good in software mode, or when a user uses laptop, or when he uses an AMD gpu, or even something else. [for example I have seen some good contributors for emulators, students, that have only their laptop] [for 3D stereo purposes I also like TriDef's output more then default 2D one]
[and I also think it is a good alternative when Under Moon version or updated from CHRONOMASTER is not working, which one is also supports laptops, AMD, and etc.]

First screenshotes from above were quickly configured by me till a moment when I did like it the most, maybe my eyes adapted for a strong depth. And they are in low resolution because I like to play in 360p or 480p, or in native resolutions. Because in native resolution I know that every effect is rendered on it's own designed resolution [does everything in pcsx2 upscaling good? For example - even Reshade will show different intensity for shader effects on different resolutions. I think with too much of upscaling - effects are gone completely] Also if a low resolution changed right - then monitor will create fullscreen CRT grid size of pixel - it looks a lot like newer Reshade CRT and Scanline shaders on higher resolution. Because right now I have a CRT monitor - it benefits from it even more allowing 165Hz refresh rate and smoothness that looks a lot like built-in monitor strong anti-aliasing. I mean that under laptop I used Reshade with SMAA, FXAA, grains and some more amazing effects - all to make worlds, water, air - even more alive then on console. By these effects I like to be being tricked.
[without them - I see stage spheres, square shadows, edgy models, dull skin, edge of the world - and all is in high definition]

Again, thank you for a hard work, I know that Nvidia Vision is very beautiful! [will test it properly after some time along with trying of an OpenGL Wrapper on low resolutions that I prefer more]

//

Some more fast samples with higher resolutiion, different shaders configuration, and with Kingdom Hearts II. Wanted to show with that great amount of screenshots of the same scene that enjoyable configuration per user does exist even on TriDef, even in software mode, even on laptop:

[Tridef - is a good alternative] [and unique for software mode]

All those images are still flat. Tridef isn't stereoizing the scene. Just putting the whole flat image at a different depth plane. I don't know why you aren't noticing that. PCSX2 is a very special case, where I have to stereoize vertex shaders myself because otherwise the drivers leave it flat.

About my 3D Vision fix update, I ran out of time today. I'm making an ingame OSD for modders and also showing some text information. I'm not going to say that it will be up tomorrow for sure, but it will be this week.

The current version still works with "pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2384-gd900917bf-windows-x86", for example. Remember that you can play in SBS, TAB, anaglyph, etc, apart from pure 3D Vision.

Two more screenshots:

[Image: pcsx2006.jpg]

[Image: pcsx2004.jpg]
The update is published: https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/01/pcsx2-dx11.html

Direct link to the file: https://s3.amazonaws.com/masterotaku/PCS...feature.7z

Tested with "pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2907-gb9df1e643-windows-x86". Check the new section called "OSD and depth hunting (advanced users mostly)".
masterotaku, thank you very much, OSD with tweaking of separation on the fly will help a lot for achieving graphically better results.

TriDef in software DX9 mode, CHRONOMASTER/Undermoon and Nvidia Vision versions are in DX11 hardware: [quick time checkpoints are on youtube]
Is this working with windows 10 already? I remember that i've tried a month ago and no mattter what i did i could not get to trigger 3dvision...