Gsdx-3D: Stereoscopy Patch
(04-23-2013, 03:07 PM)refraction Wrote: Ill sticky this for now Smile
Amen!

Sponsored links

Patiently awaiting screenshots Smile
Any experiences on how potent the 3D effect is?

Additionally, am I able to use the 3D patch despite my monitor not being a "3D Monitor"? I can just purchase the red-and-blue 3D glasses?
The potent is adjustable and yes, red-and-blue glasses works fine, It is what I use.
Any screens yet?
Tried with GT4. Very noticeable effect in menu and almost zero 3D in gameplay.
Also plugin used for modified does not have option for external shader.fx file.
Sadly this does not work with Nvidia 3D vision. Furthermore, the 3D effect seems very... weird. It's as if it's merely 2D cardboards placed in a 3D environment.
Does anyone have some pictures where we see an actual change of viewing angle?
(04-29-2013, 02:00 PM)heyer Wrote: Sadly this does not work with Nvidia 3D vision. Furthermore, the 3D effect seems very... weird. It's as if it's merely 2D cardboards placed in a 3D environment.
Does anyone have some pictures where we see an actual change of viewing angle?

It probably uses the z buffer to give the 3D effect and not have two unique camera viewpoints. Kinda of like the PSP3D plugin. Although the 3D effect is 3D in essence.
(04-29-2013, 03:48 PM)jadentheman Wrote: It probably uses the z buffer to give the 3D effect and not have two unique camera viewpoints. Kinda of like the PSP3D plugin. Although the 3D effect is 3D in essence.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. I don't have much knowledge about the PS2 emulator scene, but I'm guessing that "real"-3D is impossible because of something related to the Z-buffers?
My guess is that it just depends on how the game renders things. Same thing with PC games where certain assents may be rendered in a way that end up looking like stickers when using stereo 3D (like videos of fire, or folliage). Considering the limited power of the PS2, a collage of trickery wouldn't surprise me.

I suppose the patch awaits for the final presentation before considering what's a frame. By then, all the trickery is done and different viewpoints would only let you see the stickers with depth.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]