Gsdx 9 is my only option help!
I'm new to this emulator and have very limited experience with GBA emulators. and i have a problem, im trying to play dragon ball z but its really laggy during some parts of the game. at the menus its fine but during a fight i drop down to like 17 fps. i figured out that me using gsdx 10 or 11 would probably fix this but gsdx 9 is my only option. i did the dxdiag thing and my computer is using directx 11. could anyone help me out with this? i wanna play dbz! haha thanks in advance

Sponsored links

(04-29-2014, 11:29 PM)Helton Wrote: I'm new to this emulator and have very limited experience with GBA emulators. and i have a problem, im trying to play dragon ball z but its really laggy during some parts of the game. at the menus its fine but during a fight i drop down to like 17 fps. i figured out that me using gsdx 10 or 11 would probably fix this but gsdx 9 is my only option. i did the dxdiag thing and my computer is using directx 11. could anyone help me out with this? i wanna play dbz! haha thanks in advance

Then tell us your machine specs.

But for getting so low FPS with what is supposed to be the default config is already a sign the machine might be bellow the minimal specifications.

Speedhacks may help but you really tell us your machine specs so to give us a clear notion about what suggest and what to expect.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-29-2014, 11:33 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Then tell us your machine specs.

But for getting so low FPS with what is supposed to be the default config is already a sign the machine might be bellow the minimal specifications.

Speedhacks may help but you really tell us your machine specs so to give us a clear notion about what suggest and what to expect.

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80 GHz
3GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card

is this bad?
your card only supports dx9.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-29-2014, 11:38 PM)refraction Wrote: your card only supports dx9.

so in other words i wont be able to play huh?
(04-29-2014, 11:38 PM)Helton Wrote: Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.80 GHz
3GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphics card

is this bad?

i think that game is to demanding for that cpu
(04-29-2014, 11:43 PM)Helton Wrote: so in other words i wont be able to play huh?

Your system is quite weak for that game, sorry.
Even if your card supported dx10 or dx11 it would only be 10% faster under the best of occasions, not enough to make a difference from 17 fps.
thanks everyone for helping me figure that out.

do you think sly 2 band of thieves would work? or is the ps2 emulator pretty much out of the question haha
it's pretty much out of the question. Only some basic 2d games will run even remotely well
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-29-2014, 11:29 PM)Helton Wrote: I'm new to this emulator and have very limited experience with GBA emulators. and i have a problem, im trying to play dragon ball z but its really laggy during some parts of the game. at the menus its fine but during a fight i drop down to like 17 fps. i figured out that me using gsdx 10 or 11 would probably fix this but gsdx 9 is my only option. i did the dxdiag thing and my computer is using directx 11. could anyone help me out with this? i wanna play dbz! haha thanks in advance

which dbz game are you trying to play. dbz budokai 3,infinite world or...?

my tips for making your game run faster is: don't use any enhancing graphic solutions. disable them if they are on. use direct x 9 on GSdx. also for me, on linux, ZZOgl, DBZ Budokai games by dimps ( infinite world and budokai 3 are the ones i tested) seemed to run faster, like from 20 fps on gsdx to 40 fps, so try that. also use supervu recompiler for both VUs like i did. grant you a bit of a speed up. last of all, use the PAL version of the game. try buying the game from somewhere in europe or something. hopefully this will work. it did, made dbz budokai 3 run at full speed( 50FPS Laugh )
Specifications:

AMD Sempron 3850 @ 1.3GHz
Zotac Geforce GT 640 2GB
4GB RAM
Kubuntu Linux 14.10 STS