Gsdx9 better than Gsdx10?
is it true because ive already try it. or is it juz me?

Sponsored links

What's your pcsx2 version ? PC specs ? No. u could be right, some games prefer dx9,though
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
im using pcsx2 r1888 with latest plugin. is it true that some games prefer dx9? can u tell me the game names? im trying to running tales of abyss rite now. is it compatible with dx9 or dx10?
tales? definetly DX10 for me NVIDIA 8600 GTS
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Most people will prefer dx10 to dx9. Why is it different with u ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
coz i prefer a better gaming experience?
(03-16-2010, 04:31 PM)sasuketaichou Wrote: coz i want the prefer a better gaming experience?

That's why to experience that, u must use directx10. Have u ever felt any good by using directx9 then ? Post some screenshots about the pcsx2 configuration.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Well the Direct3D9 (Software) renderer will be more compatible than Direct3D10 (Hardware) if that counts :P
There's very few cases where Direct3D9 (Hardware) will be more compatible, and overall Direct3D10 will be better and faster while the Software renderers are the most compatible.

Examples? Well, long ago Shadow Hearts would hide characters on the screen in some scenes with Direct3D10 (Hardware) while Direct3D9 (Hardware) would show them fine, the game was faster with D3D10 HW compared to D3D9 HW but overall the game was better and faster too actually with (Software) anyway, no idea if this was fixed since. Also in Xenosaga III in some scenes D3D10 HW would make the scenes darker than they should, D3D9 HW didn't have this problem but had other problems usual to D3D9 HW. Other problems with shadows in D3D10 HW where D3D9 HW would show right (or better) in Xenosaga II/III but I think this one was fixed.

Those are just the ones that I remember at the moment, I'm sure there's more.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-16-2010, 05:20 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well the Direct3D9 (Software) renderer will be more compatible than Direct3D10 (Hardware) if that counts Tongue
There's very few cases where Direct3D9 (Hardware) will be more compatible, and overall Direct3D10 will be better and faster while the Software renderers are the most compatible.

Examples? Well, long ago Shadow Hearts would hide characters on the screen in some scenes with Direct3D10 (Hardware) while Direct3D9 (Hardware) would show them fine, the game was faster with D3D10 HW compared to D3D9 HW but overall the game was better and faster too actually with (Software) anyway, no idea if this was fixed since. Also in Xenosaga III in some scenes D3D10 HW would make the scenes darker than they should, D3D9 HW didn't have this problem but had other problems usual to D3D9 HW. Other problems with shadows in D3D10 HW where D3D9 HW would show right (or better) in Xenosaga II/III but I think this one was fixed.

Those are just the ones that I remember at the moment, I'm sure there's more.

lady, i luv u Tongue
this is what im looking for. a proof. lady show us her proof in terms of graphic but i experienced it in terms of speed (yup, i do a lot of experiment) and yeah, i think gsdx9 is better in speed than gsdx10. so, my final conclusion is :

Gsdx9 = better speed, less graphic issues, normal resolution, suitable for
pc with normal hardware (its for people like us) and overall is
perfect for gaming experienced

Gsdx10= normal or less speed, lot graphic issues, high resolution, suitable
for those who have expensive pc and overall is moderate for
gaming experienced

yes,i write gsdx10 is better in graphic because i already test it, the graphic looks better than gsdx9 but in some scene gsdx9 will prove itself that it is worthed to choose it.
Quote:the Direct3D9 (Software) renderer will be more compatible than Direct3D10 (Hardware) if that counts
There's very few cases where Direct3D9 (Hardware) will be more compatible, and overall Direct3D10 will be better and faster while the Software renderers are the most compatible

You may want to take another look at the point shadow lady has tried to make. It seems you've read and unerstood the reply in a very interesting way. I do not know how you draw your conclusion, but from my experience ( played and tried 20-30 games with pcsx2), gsdx 10 usually gives me better speed. One example is final fantasy 12, which gains speed from gsdx 10. You don't need a high end pc to take advantage over the gsdx10 with some mid range or low end such as mine(amd 245 @ stock 2.9 OC 3.6, 9600gt), you could still get a better gaming experieence from gsdx 10 over gsdx 9. After all, pcsx2 is very game dependent, so unless you have tested all the ps2 game( more than 2000 out there), there is no way to draw a conclusion for all the game or in a very general way without specify the game.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit