[Guide] Creating widescreen patches in less than 10 steps.
Help me with "the lord of the rings - the two towers please"...i've found the value..but it didn't gave the effect.. Anyway..is there any new project for gsdx? To put the (real) widescreen mode in the plugin options? I began to desperate.. :'(

Sponsored links

(04-25-2012, 11:03 AM)heyds Wrote: Help me with "the lord of the rings - the two towers please"...i've found the value..but it didn't gave the effect.. Anyway..is there any new project for gsdx? To put the (real) widescreen mode in the plugin options? I began to desperate.. :'(
each game uses different values and addresses for aspect ratio, so a patch would need to be made for every game out there, and some games need extensive fiddling to get widescreen to work (in some cases game-breaking). if the game already has widescreen support in it's own options menu (FF-XII) you can change it there and then change it in PCSX2 by pressing F6+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
(04-25-2012, 07:36 PM)ChikTikka Wrote: each game uses different values and addresses for aspect ratio, so a patch would need to be made for every game out there, and some games need extensive fiddling to get widescreen to work (in some cases game-breaking). if the game already has widescreen support in it's own options menu (FF-XII) you can change it there and then change it in PCSX2 by pressing F6+^_^+

i see..thanks for your info..
but i think i give up Sad
to see those unlimited codes...i'm getting dizzy Wacko

i hope someday there'll be a new gsdx plugin who has the option (of real widescreen) for any game.. hehehe Biggrin
perhaps someday+^_^+ but just until very recently, FF-X and FF-X-2 were the only games with widescreen patches, the sudden jump with all these other games are new, as the list of patches grows and the patches themselves become more stable, I'm sure someone will eventually code a button that turns on and off wide screen game fixes (patches) all at once for a wide variety of games+^_^+ who knows, in the next couple years as i get better at programming i might fiddle getting that to work+^_^+ I'm still a noob right now though
Signature purposefully left blank.
okay so I want to try this out and find how to get some of my games on widescreen.
But I still don't fully understand the process.
So I need to first run the game on an emulator and a cheat engine and there I start looking for "memory" between a huge range of numbers, thousands even. Then when I get the results, I edit a random bunch of them as "float" values of 0-1 including decimals to see whatever random thing could happen on screen, then try to find which one of the thousand values I should change, and which I shouldn't by playing different parts in the game and seeing if there are glithces?
This is very confusing, is there any explanation of what exactly is being done here? or is just everyone messing with the code and finding out that sometimes you get widescreen display?
Yeah it's kinda random. You just batch edit a bunch of values and if one of them changes the aspect ratio then you can create a widescreen patch. Alternatively you can try hyakki's Widescreen Helper to seek out and change values
I have a question, does this tutorial work if I need to find the zoom value? What values do I need to change the float to? I need it because I need to find the Silent Hill Shattered Memories zoom value because the widescreen cuts the top and bottoms.

EDIT: Son of a... This game must be like Kingdom Hearts cause it changes value every time you go to a different door... I had the values though.

EDIT 2: Sorry if I sound stupid, I don't really know much about this stuff and I don't really know what I am talking about.
If you have a stubborn game like that you can take the AR or zoom value and try patching all instances of it using hyakki's widescreen helper. Definitely try the 3xx range with it. If all else fails you may have to patch the ELF, but I can't help with that
Thank you, I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: Ok, I just gave up cause that games all f'd up. I'm going to try the basic 4:3 in the bios and try to find it that way.
Ok, I guess Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a wierd game... I found the zoom value, but it only works if your set to 4:3 in the bios. I have checked many times to see if there was any 16:9 code for the 4:3, still can't find anything. If only the zoom value worked in 16:9, I would be complete. Maybe nemesis can try to elf hack it to see if that is possible.