[Guide] Creating widescreen patches in less than 10 steps.
please make KOF maximum impact - j-ntsc

Sponsored links

^ I tried yesterday but the HUD is messed up... it requires more tweaking
yeah

i'll be waiting for your patch

by the way did you make Valkyrie profile 2 patch ?? i would love to try that
I can't seem to understand what I am supposed to be doing. These are the steps i take, and where I start to get confused.

-Cheats are disabled, open Dark Coud, get to an open playable 3D area.
-Open PCSX2 in cheat engine
-Set memory scan values to 20200000-21FFFFFF
-Enable Hex (default 00000000), Scan Type: Exact Value, Value Type: 4 Bytes
-(While game is still running in 3D environment) Set first scan
-Shut game down, boot back up, during brand logos, select Next Scan
-(Values)"Found: 3,431,361" Am I supposed to find this many?
I can't move all those to the editing box without Cheat Engine crashing
If you mean Dark Cloud NTSC-U, then just use my existing pnach, download at the bottom of this post.
If ny other DC version, try searching around 20290000-202B0000 range for a float of 0.4699999988 or a float range between 0.2 and 0.9. You shouldn't have much trouble finding it.

Also if you ment that you set a search for a hex of 0 value, no wonder you have soo many results;], and they'll be pretty much all useless. never yet saw a game which stored value used for proportions as 0, and searching for a hex is also generally bad idea unless you already have the value from other game version or counting on your luck trying some from other games which I personally wouldn't recommend at all, except for float 1(0x3F800000) which is pretty common, but then again, searching for a float is always better allowing for more search options.
Ok, I found the address and the value. The guide is vague at this point. I converted the value to hex. What do I suppose to do next with PCSX2CE? Thanks

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out, thought it was harder. Thanks for your great guide.
It sounds like you checked "hex" after entering 3f800000, which makes it search for 00000000 instead. Hope that clears things up in the future

As miseru mentioned though it's better to search for float range, covered at the end of the guide. But because float value of 1 (hex = 3f800000) is so commonly used for aspect ratio, I like to start with that first.

BTW the guide used to be a little wordier and there were some screenshots but I accidentally deleted them so I had to try and simplify it a little. Sorry if it's a little vague at times Smile
What version of Cheat Engine was this guide originally written on? Because I'm using the latest version (6.2 as of this date) and I'm stuck at the part just after I change from 4 bytes to Float. After changing 4 bytes to Float for all entries in the editing box, none of the values change, and I don't see a "dark blue 1" of which I'm supposed to double click to turn into 0.75.
(04-03-2013, 08:19 AM)Nettacki Wrote: What version of Cheat Engine was this guide originally written on? Because I'm using the latest version (6.2 as of this date) and I'm stuck at the part just after I change from 4 bytes to Float. After changing 4 bytes to Float for all entries in the editing box, none of the values change, and I don't see a "dark blue 1" of which I'm supposed to double click to turn into 0.75.

Yeah they changed how it works. Hold shift and select all of the items, then right click and then click on "convert to decimal". At that point, you can then change the 1 to .75 or any other value.
[Image: 2748844.png]
When I input the specified memory range (20200000-21FFFFFF), I get an error that states it can't find any readable memory, so I just used the default values. However, now I'm worried that the address I found (08C0C504) isn't part of the game's RAM.

I've also been unable to find good instructions for converting the found codes to the PlayStation 2's memory range so I could use it on a real console.