Guide for running Bleach Blade battlers 2nd at max Fps
1) 0.9.7 still has the frameskip menu under the GS panel under the emulation settings window. You can activate it while playing with shift+f4.

2/3) Your CPU is slow, not much to do there and you never posted your full PCSX2 or plugin settings, not much anyone can help you with like that either.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(12-30-2010, 05:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: 1) 0.9.7 still has the frameskip menu under the GS panel under the emulation settings window. You can activate it while playing with shift+f4.

2/3) Your CPU is slow, not much to do there and you never posted your full PCSX2 or plugin settings, not much anyone can help you with like that either.

1) Thanks, I'll give that a go.

2) First, as I said before, the clockspeed is not superb but it still has way superior performance in nigh everything I've used it for over my older single core that had higher clockspeed (and by quite a large margin). I haven't come across a single game or other application where my CPU has had the slightest problems, in over a year of PC gaming, or even much of a load at all beyond BOINC or Benchmarks; this includes recent games like Metro 2033, Crysis: Warhead, BC2, Fallout: NV, etcetera. So perhaps it's just a case of poor multi-core support, as I already speculated.

More importantly, the OP claims to have achieved full in game speeds. His CPU is as stated:
Quote:AMD Atlon 64 x2, 2.1 ghz each core

My CPU is both newer (thus more efficient), has a marginally higher clock speed per core and even has two extra cores (albeit from my understanding PCSX2 doesn't exploit quadcores, my point still stands).
CPU can't possibly be the problem here, unless the OP and subsequent replies were just outright lies about their results.

Also you don't need my PCSX2/plugin settings, at least not beyond what I posted. I already said what version of GSDx I was using (for both 0.9.6 and 0.9.7), with identical plugin settings to the OP (frameskipping, etc).
Things like controller pad plugins would just be a waste of time, they work fine. It's obviously the GFX plugin that is the issue, or perhaps the CPU settings, both of which I described already.

The worst part about this whole thing is the lack of plugins available. The only reason I'm using a different graphics plugin is because I can't find any others. The plugins listed on this and other sites are nigh useless; a few plugins for controllers and something else, nothing to do with gfx. The only plugins I can find to download come from a site that hasn't been updated since 2004.
Well you're asking for help here, and somehow refuse to give people the info they need because...you know better or something. You won't solve your problems this way and it's really not nice to be like that with people trying to help you.

You just compared PS2 emulation to PC gaming which is like comparing apples with desks. So yes the CPU can and will be an issue, especially with PCSX2.

Quote:The worst part about this whole thing is the lack of plugins available. The only reason I'm using a different graphics plugin is because I can't find any others. The plugins listed on this and other sites are nigh useless; a few plugins for controllers and something else, nothing to do with gfx. The only plugins I can find to download come from a site that hasn't been updated since 2004.

Well you are free to waste ~2 years of coding in extremely complex DirectX to make a plugin for free like these people you flame have. Or just be grateful those you have even exist. The latest plugins are included in the latest 0.9.7 beta and are all updated and are the ones you should use. Using ancient plugins from obscure sites will give you frame rates like the ones you're getting.

Happy new year, try doing something more constructive next time rather than flaming a free open source project for "out of date recommended specs", "largely to the total dearth of information on this and other sites regarding PCSX2" (while there is an extremely extensive configuration guide on this forum and site), and for "lack of plugins".
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-31-2010, 11:17 AM)Bositman Wrote: Well you're asking for help here, and somehow refuse to give people the info they need because...you know better or something. You won't solve your problems this way and it's really not nice to be like that with people trying to help you.
I'm not refusing, just pointing out that I already have given all relevant information. Were I to repost all of my settings it would be a waste of boht of our time; you only need look at the OP's settings to see mine, as I've already pointed out.

I already know that it isn't a problem with any of the other plugins, so it really is just a waste of time to mention them. Sorry If I come off as an ***** about this, I'm just impatient with what I deem irrelevant questions. I had the same thing happen the other day when inquiring on a PS3 forum... sometimes it seems like people reply just for the sake of opening their gobs.

Bositman Wrote:You just compared PS2 emulation to PC gaming which is like comparing apples with desks. So yes the CPU can and will be an issue, especially with PCSX2.

And this highlights my above irritation. Have you even read my second response? If you had then you'd understand why it's a totally ridiculous claim. You're saying that my CPU is too slow to achieve the same speeds that an older, slower CPU already has. Where is the logic in that?

It really has no relevance at all to state that clock-speed is important for high FPS in this game on this program, because it's already apparent that at least one other (the original poster) has achieved high speeds with an even slower CPU. I don't understand why this needs to be brought up at all. It was irrelevant the first time and only continues to be so.

Bositman Wrote:Well you are free to waste ~2 years of coding in extremely complex DirectX to make a plugin for free like these people you flame have. Or just be grateful those you have even exist. The latest plugins are included in the latest 0.9.7 beta and are all updated and are the ones you should use. Using ancient plugins from obscure sites will give you frame rates like the ones you're getting.

Well it's obvious that I'm not achieving the same speeds as the OP, despite superior hardware (on all levels), newer plugins and a whole gamut of different settings tried. The only option I can see that is left then is to try the older plugins. However due to as I said the total dearth of information, that doesn't seem like a viable possibility. There is no mention of where one can download older version plugins. The plugin section on the forum/site is as I said truly useless; it doesn't even contain the plugins you get in the latest beta download, let alone older versions.

The reason I find this most frustrating is because it is entirely too common in the realm of software development. Or, specifically in my experience, people who make modifications for games. They go to tremendous amounts of effort and time to develop wonderful stuff, and then don't even have the courtesy to include a basic readme.txt with some instructions, as if they expect everyone else to automatically have equal amounts of knowledge regarding their creation. It's like building a new perpetual energy device and then failing to tell anyone how it works; it makes no sense and is a waste of both their own and everyone else's time.

Botisman Wrote:Happy new year, try doing something more constructive next time rather than flaming a free open source project for "out of date recommended specs", "largely to the total dearth of information on this and other sites regarding PCSX2" (while there is an extremely extensive configuration guide on this forum and site), and for "lack of plugins".

Well my post would have been constructive if the people responding bothered to actually comprehend what I was saying. All I wanted was some simple responses, instead I got irrelevant rubbish that made me dubious as to whether or not they even read it. If you feel like wasting your time posting totally thoughtless replies, fine. Just don't expect me to be happy about you wasting mine.

As for your 'extremely extensive configuration guide', I'd already read through the entire thing previously and tried all its recommendations. None of it helped in the slightest with my problem, which is the whole point of me registering/asking.

Well Vire, buy yourself a fast computer if you want to play your games fast.
Simple as that.

Edit:
You posted again before me, so I'll have to add this:
I don't believe the op for a second that his rig achieves claimed speeds.
I have this game here (bought to fix the Bankai, see how much we guys do for you..) and I know it's SLOW.

Edit 2:
It's the TONE of you asking and you know it.
(12-29-2010, 02:39 PM)Vire70 Wrote: 0.9.7 excludes this option for totally unknown reasons, thus crippling your ability to actually customize a lot of vital stuff. Result; inevitably 0.9.7 is slower.
(12-29-2010, 02:39 PM)Vire70 Wrote: I just felt like ranting.
Quote:It really has no relevance at all to state that clock-speed is important for high FPS in this game on this program, because it's already apparent that at least one other (the original poster) has achieved high speeds with an even slower CPU. I don't understand why this needs to be brought up at all. It was irrelevant the first time and only continues to be so.
Because just like rama said, I don't believe he gets advertised speeds either. I thought you'd know not to believe every random person posting on the internet.

Quote:Well it's obvious that I'm not achieving the same speeds as the OP, despite superior hardware (on all levels), newer plugins and a whole gamut of different settings tried. The only option I can see that is left then is to try the older plugins. However due to as I said the total dearth of information, that doesn't seem like a viable possibility. There is no mention of where one can download older version plugins. The plugin section on the forum/site is as I said truly useless; it doesn't even contain the plugins you get in the latest beta download, let alone older versions.

The plugin downloads have the official STABLE releases, so there won't be any beta plugins there. Older plugins will not work with newer PCSX2 releases and some not even with 0.9.6. Of course, you could ASK where to find them because there is a site with archives, but hey, I'll not waste my time for someone who doesn't want to waste his, why should I?

Quote:The reason I find this most frustrating is because it is entirely too common in the realm of software development. Or, specifically in my experience, people who make modifications for games. They go to tremendous amounts of effort and time to develop wonderful stuff, and then don't even have the courtesy to include a basic readme.txt with some instructions, as if they expect everyone else to automatically have equal amounts of knowledge regarding their creation. It's like building a new perpetual energy device and then failing to tell anyone how it works; it makes no sense and is a waste of both their own and everyone else's time.

Maybe they didn't feel like including a readme.txt after the gazillions hours of FREE work they have done so some rude people like you can use their sofware and then complain about it too. You speak of them not having the courtesy of including that readme, when on the same time you don't even have the courtesy to say thank you for the stuff they've made possible for which you have not payed or helped in any way or form. On the contrary, you also rant because they don't come bundled with coffee making machines for you...the irony.

Quote:As for your 'extremely extensive configuration guide', I'd already read through the entire thing previously and tried all its recommendations. None of it helped in the slightest with my problem, which is the whole point of me registering/asking.
Your posts are not actually asking but mainly ranting. When people who want to help you ask for additional information and you refuse to give it because "it's a waste of time" why should any of us waste our time trying to help you? For one I won't.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-31-2010, 01:52 PM)Bositman Wrote: Because just like rama said, I don't believe he gets advertised speeds either. I thought you'd know not to believe every random person posting on the internet.
Perhaps that would have been a more relevant response originally then? And I don't believe everything I read, however in this case there is no discernible motive to lying about his speeds, and he was corroborated by one of the subsequent replies. It would have been illogical to think that both of them are lying without knowing more.

Bositman Wrote:The plugin downloads have the official STABLE releases, so there won't be any beta plugins there. Older plugins will not work with newer PCSX2 releases and some not even with 0.9.6.
And this is said... where? Oh right, lack of information. I've used older plugins interchangeably with different versions of PCSX2 before, so never had any reason to think this was the case.

Bositman Wrote:Of course, you could ASK where to find them because there is a site with archives, but hey, I'll not waste my time for someone who doesn't want to waste his, why should I?
As a matter of fact I never asked for anything in any of my posts. I was merely ranting about the seeming impossibility of the OP's speeds. It was you who decided I needed enlightening with wholeheartedly irrelevant referrals to my slow CPU (whilst ignoring the real issue).

Bositman Wrote:Maybe they didn't feel like including a readme.txt after the gazillions hours of FREE work they have done so some rude people like you can use their sofware and then complain about it too.

Then they're incompetent fools. If you're releasing things on the internet for other people to use, don't expect a warm welcome when you fail to tell anyone how to use it. I don't care if it's free or not, that doesn't excuse blatant incompetence. Neither here nor anywhere else in the world. They should have a little respect for the clarity of their own work if nothing else.

More relevantly, I was only complaining because they haven't. If they had then I wouldn't be complaining, which would give them no reason to not 'feel like including a readme.txt after the gazillions of hours of free work'.

Bositman Wrote:You speak of them not having the courtesy of including that readme, when on the same time you don't even have the courtesy to say thank you for the stuff they've made possible for which you have not payed or helped in any way or form. On the contrary, you also rant because they don't come bundled with coffee making machines for you...the irony.

Why should I thank them? It was their decision to release it to the public. Did they do so seeking gratitude? I'm sure they have a bazillion mindless drones thanking them already in any case, one more to the pile changes absolutely nothing and in no way invalidates what I have said thus far. I may be inconsiderate, sure. I couldn't careless.

Bositman Wrote:Your posts are not actually asking but mainly ranting. When people who want to help you ask for additional information and you refuse to give it because "it's a waste of time" why should any of us waste our time trying to help you? For one I won't.

Indeed, I wasn't asking. So when you take the time to refer me to utter nonsense solutions, suggested only due to the lack of your own reading comprehension, then even have the gall to act indignant when I point out the flaws of your responses I cant help but find your objection and the whole conversation laughable.

Well, Vire.
I guess it's clear that you do not want a PS2 emulator.
You've made it pretty clear why you are here and you've stated your opinion.

Time to close this nice thread here before i pop a vein Smile