Guide for running Bleach Blade battlers 2nd at max Fps
Hello, this is a guide on how to run this game at max speed on not so high- end comps. I have 2 gb ram, AMD Atlon 64 x2, 2.1 ghz each core, Ge- force 7300- 256 mb and Windows Sp2. I am using the latest beta of september 2009 and the latest beta plugins from December 2009.

Graphics: GSdx 2404 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.15
Render: Direct 3D9(hardware)
Native checked
Output merger blur effect checked
Everything else unchecked

Sound: P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0
Reverb: No reverb
Interpolation- Simple
Everything else unchecked

Cdvd rom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0

Controlers:LilyPad svn(r1853) 0.10.0

CPU: Everything except Micro Vu checked
Frame limiting: Frame skip checked
Detailed settings: Custom FPS limit- 60
Skip frames when slower than- 60
Consecutive frames before skipping:- 1
Consecutive frames to skip- 4

Speed hacks: All checked except Status Flag hack and Min/ max hack.
VU Cycle stealing set to low

Advanced: Round mode- Chop/ Zero
Clamp mode- None
Flush to Zero and denormalies are Zero checked

With these settings I get 100% speed with 2 players and around 75% with 4. Also the screen flickers when there are more than 2 players but it's definitely playable. The bankai bug is still here though but I want to ask if a patch can be made that makes the game skip the bankai movies alltogether?

Well I hope this works for you Smile Enjoy.

Sponsored links

why did you want to skip the bankai movies??,i mean that`s the reason why im still playing this game on my ps2 beacuse playing this game without seeing the specials moves its pretty bad.
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(02-01-2010, 12:54 PM)diegochiha Wrote: why did you want to skip the bankai movies??,i mean that`s the reason why im still playing this game on my ps2 beacuse playing this game without seeing the specials moves its pretty bad.

75% of them cause the emulator to crash...
write if it worked for someone Smile
Wink 
Just tried this guide just now and it works very well from 15fps I got up to 50 avg. fps Biggrin all though in the speed hack section I had to disable VU stealing to make the game work.

Computer Spec.
Pentium D 3.0Ghz
8800GT
2GB RAM
Win 7 64bit
VU stealing has done me no good in any games,
in some games it make the FPS counter show full speed while the game itself is even slower.
i say stay away from VU stealing, at least not have it on default.
hi guys please help me.. i play to Bleach BB2 on pcsx2 but,... when bankai start, the emulator crasch.. someone can help me.. pleaseee. in my country this game don't exist and never will be exist.. my only possibility is pcsx2 whit japan game.. please..please.. i love bleach.. help me to play this!
THANKS
(02-17-2010, 05:41 PM)kenpachi85 Wrote: hi guys please help me.. i play to Bleach BB2 on pcsx2 but,... when bankai start, the emulator crasch.. someone can help me.. pleaseee. in my country this game don't exist and never will be exist.. my only possibility is pcsx2 whit japan game.. please..please.. i love bleach.. help me to play this!
THANKS

You will have to wait until someone decide to do a gamefix,or either solve this bug (and i dont think its a easy one to solve).But until then you are out of luck
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Here is the way everyone uses to deal with the bug: When you use Bankai press F1. Then Press ENTER many times FAST. If it bugs press F3 and try again until it works.

Also as I asked before would it be too hard to make a gamefix that just skips the movies that cause the emulator crash?
Been trying to get this to work most of the day.
The recommended settings above made little/no difference to me in terms of performance; the moment characters come into view FPS drops like a stone.

What is really ridiculous is that the OP claims to run the game at max speed, yet my spec's are way better and I can't get it over 15 fps.
I can't figure out if it's because of subtle differences in plugins (I am using either GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 ((when running 0.9.6)) or GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878] ((when running 0.9.7)), due largely to the total dearth of information on this and other sites regarding PCSX2, and its subsequent plugins), but beyond that all settings are identical.

Spec's;
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 (quad) 2.20 ghz
(slow clockspeed I know, but it's far faster than my P4 3.4ghz ever was. Albeit one must wonder if in this case it's simply a matter of the software failing to exploit latter CPUs multicore capability; I noticed the recommended specs are so out of date that the 'highest' CPUs on the list predate Phenoms existence outright, and it isn't even that new)

GPU: Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800mhz

I've tried using both PCSX2 0.9.6 and 0.9.7.
I realized one of the largest problems with this program, with this game at least is that;

1) 0.9.6 has a CPU menu in the configuration. This allows one to check frame skipping, etc. 0.9.7 excludes this option for totally unknown reasons, thus crippling your ability to actually customize a lot of vital stuff. Result; inevitably 0.9.7 is slower.

2) 0.9.7 has actually fixed the Bankai crash. There was some log I read about where they solved it, and I certainly haven't had it crash ingame when trying it (though with the sheer amount of lag it really doesn't matter, the game is unplayable either way). And therein lay the problem; 0.9.7 is slower due to exclusion of CPU menu, but solves a fatal bug, the bankai problem. So you can only have one or the other but not both, to my knowledge at least.

3) Even though 0.9.6 is a bit faster (since I can check frame skipping), it is still hovering in unplayable regions; 15 is lucky with a 4 man battle. I am even down to like 20 with just 2 characters on screen, and as for battles with multiple hollows spawning lets not even go there...

I think at this point I'm just going to give up. The game didn't seem all that spectacular anyway I guess. I just felt like ranting. [/i]