Guitar Controller not detected RB2
Hello forum! New here, but been using the program for a while (worked great for me on windows, not so much in linux)

Today I attempted to play rock band 2 and I cannot get past the first screen, because the controller is detected as a dualshock 2 (no mic detected), though the controller is set to guitar. Is there another plugin I can install to combat this roadblock? because I've seen videos and heard of people playing this game in the emulator. Any and all help appreciated! Biggrin
-tdude10

Sponsored links

I can't really be sure for I don't have and never attempted using such controller, but I believe it may use Xinput and then there is really a plugin for this. It has a long thread here at the forum you may want to search.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-26-2013, 11:34 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I can't really be sure for I don't have and never attempted using such controller, but I believe it may use Xinput and then there is really a plugin for this. It has a long thread here at the forum you may want to search.

I guess I didn't explain my problem very well... Tongue
The problem is not an external controller, but rather the emulated one. When I change the plugin to "guitar" instead of "dualshock 2" in the drop-menu, RB2 still detects a dualshock, though the emulator's plugin is set to "Guitar". I'm actually only using the keyboard.

Could you post a link to the thread? Not entirely sure what to look for, and have looked for a lot already Wacko
(03-27-2013, 07:33 AM)tdude10 Wrote: I guess I didn't explain my problem very well... Tongue
The problem is not an external controller, but rather the emulated one. When I change the plugin to "guitar" instead of "dualshock 2" in the drop-menu, RB2 still detects a dualshock, though the emulator's plugin is set to "Guitar". I'm actually only using the keyboard.

Could you post a link to the thread? Not entirely sure what to look for, and have looked for a lot already Wacko

Is more probably I learn something in this thread than being actually able to help. But to this would be interesting to know what you use to emulate the guitar. If is something internal to the emulator is something I never saw.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-27-2013, 03:12 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: But to this would be interesting to know what you use to emulate the guitar. If is something internal to the emulator is something I never saw.

It is internal. It's a drop menu in the lilypad plugin configuration. I have successfully used it to play GH5 and GH3.
The settings just do not appear to be detected when I play RB2 though... Wacko

Excl SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! Excl Sad
I thought the guitar could have a different ID and be incompatible, but according to this wiki it should've worked. So maybe the current ID ain't correct? That would be a bug to fix indeed.

I have a guitar option in Pokopom which uses a GH guitar ID I think. But it would require a XInput device to just test if it's detected properly by this game. =_="
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Okay, I think I'll attempt to file a bug report BECAUSE:

a) this is annoying, and I just wanna play :'(

b) I have found this old "Maetel's Emulator" version that runs RB2 and DOES detect when I switch the guitar input. (But the plugins are so old... and the graphic glitches suck Tongue)

c) I have tried to use the old lilypad plugin in the newer emulator to no avail... It will not map any keys at all.
make sure you make this bug report in the plugins section, then.
or you could just take the controller plugin from this "maesh***" emulator and make it work in pcsx2...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go