Guitar Hero 2 Audio lag
I believe my video is fine, because when I strum (using my guitar controller connected to ps2 --> usb adapter) it will register as soon as it happens on the video with nearly no input lag. However, the song sounds like it's 1 beat behind (I strum, then it plays) at all times. Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
GPU: Radeon HD 6850
No sound card
Mobo: ASRock Z77
RAM: 4GB of DDR3 GSkill

Sponsored links

can you pelase post your pcsx2 settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I haven't touched the settings besides lilypad, it should all be default. I also don't know which settings screen you want.
mostly the spu2-x settings
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
http://imgur.com/ovknAld There it is, I also tried Fastest/worst quality for interp setting, still bad lag
Did you calibrate using the in-game calibration menu? It's designed to compensate for A/V lag.
(11-27-2013, 04:45 AM)NarooN Wrote: Did you calibrate using the in-game calibration menu? It's designed to compensate for A/V lag.

Yeah, I tried it and it was setting the video lag to 95~ ms, but It's still pretty awful
Might wanna read here too:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-On-the-ti...ythm-games

I'm not trying to dismiss your post or anything, I made that thread a while back about playing rhythm games in emulators. Koji explained it well:

Koji Wrote:There is inherently going to be SOME sort of delay due to the nature of emulation, but in most cases it won't be severe enough to hinder music games by themselves, but coupled with other issues inherent to emulation (inaccuracies, mistimings, etc) and it does tend to show up. The problem is that 99% of games it doesn't matter if the audio, for example, lags slightly behind the game (20 to even as much as 200ms) where as in rhythm games that's absolutely huge.

To add to that even more is that PCs (which are most often used for emulation) also have inherent lag between video and audio, adding another 20-40ms (normally undetectable to most people's ears, but it adds up) especially if you're running on a machine with a built in or low end audio "card".

Now, going from that, I have a 25" 720P HDTV that no amount of calibration will help as far as rhythm games. It's always gonna be ~500 ms behind. It even has a "lip sync" adjustment to adjust that timing, but it does nothing. Neither did Rockband calibration. So it might just be your setup.

It's hard for me to know how far behind "1 beat" is, since in a really fast song that's not that much, but in a really slow song it's huge.

I remember in Rock Band you can manually set the calibration delay, can you do that in GH?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-27-2013, 07:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Might wanna read here too:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-On-the-ti...ythm-games

I'm not trying to dismiss your post or anything, I made that thread a while back about playing rhythm games in emulators. Koji explained it well:

Now, going from that, I have a 25" 720P HDTV that no amount of calibration will help as far as rhythm games. It's always gonna be ~500 ms behind. It even has a "lip sync" adjustment to adjust that timing, but it does nothing. Neither did Rockband calibration. So it might just be your setup.

It's hard for me to know how far behind "1 beat" is, since in a really fast song that's not that much, but in a really slow song it's huge.

I remember in Rock Band you can manually set the calibration delay, can you do that in GH?

When I set the video delay (it usually calibrates to ~70-90) it make the guitar input have some delay, and the audio is still off from the video, so it's 3 things lagging instead of 1
See the latency slider in SPU2-X? Get it to as far to the left as you can. I also recommend using the latest SVN versions as it improves how low you can get it without mess (I believe). But 30ms shouldn't be too bad.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]