Guitar Hero II Horrible Speeds on GOOD computer?
Hey, I'm new to PCSX2, I just wanted to play GHII and found this. I'm a bit of a techie, so I know what I'm doing most of the time. I have successfully gotten the game to boot and load, but during songs, the speed is sometimes very inconsistent. Other posts say to use speedhacks, but that makes it worse as the game runs much too fast and is unplayable. My own laptop wouldn't even hit 30fps during a song, I'm using my mom's gaming PC right now. Can you give me some tips for either of these PCs? I've been sure to go through to the video plugins and select DirectX 11 and the correct renderer for each. Any help would be much appreciated!

My laptop:
Windows 8.1
Intel i3 2.5GHz
Intel Graphics 4000 (Integrated)
6GB RAM
DirectX 11
NOTES: consistent 60fps in menus, unbearably slow during songs.

Mom's Alienware:
Alienware m18x
Windows 7
NVidia GTX 560m x2 SLI
Intel i7 2.5GHz
8GB RAM
NOTES: Mostly a consistent 60fps, with sudden slowdowns to around 40fps during songs. Tried added recommended speedhacks from other forums, but still not much luck.

-Adam

Sponsored links

What is the exact model of i7 in the Alienware?

(and why does your mom own a gaming computer and you own a mediocre laptop lol)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
According to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it's:
Intel Core i7-2860QM @ 2.5 GHz, (8 CPUs)
Oh, and I was mistaken. She has 16GB of RAM. Not 8.
Another update: I found out how to stop the problem of it going too fast, but it's still inconsistent enough to ruin the play experience. I don't understand it. This Alienware is in every superior to a PS2, and yet it can't run PS2 games nearly as well.
(05-02-2015, 01:57 AM)MrTuwanda Wrote: According to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, it's:
Intel Core i7-2860QM @ 2.5 GHz, (8 CPUs)
Oh, and I was mistaken. She has 16GB of RAM. Not 8.
Another update: I found out how to stop the problem of it going too fast, but it's still inconsistent enough to ruin the play experience. I don't understand it. This Alienware is in every superior to a PS2, and yet it can't run PS2 games nearly as well.

Emulating a PS2 game is much more demanding than running an equivalent native pc game.

PCSX2 has to translate the instructions from all of the ps2's 7 processors to something your pc can understand.
In addition the ps2 's hardware is custom made and specialized for playing games, so it can often do things in a lower number of cpu cycles than a pc.
This can greatly increase the amount of performance required.
(05-02-2015, 02:13 AM)dogen Wrote: Emulating a PS2 game is much more demanding than running an equivalent native pc game.

PCSX2 has to translate the instructions from all of the ps2's 7 processors to something your pc can understand.
In addition the ps2 's hardware is custom made and specialized for playing games, so it can often do things in a lower number of cpu cycles than a pc.
This can greatly increase the amount of speed required.

Yeah, I figured it would be like playing a bad port. But this is worse..
If you think that the game runs too fast while using speed hacks then, uncheck disable framelimitimg.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction