Guitar Hero drums on PCSX2
Hi everyone,

I am using the last version of PCSX2.
Yesterday tried to start Guitar Hero Metallica, but the game wants me to connect microphone to my controller to be able to proceed.
I have no microphone, I have drums, connected very well to my PC. I am using them to play Guitar Hero World Tour. I am using them to operate between menus in the GH Metallica when I start it in PCSX2 that means that I did configurate the drums properly with plug ins in PCSX2.
Please, tell me what to pass forward in the game and play with my drums.
If you need more information from me, there is no problem.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

(07-08-2013, 08:33 PM)bogo Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am using the last version of PCSX2.
Yesterday tried to start Guitar Hero Metallica, but the game wants me to connect microphone to my controller to be able to proceed.
I have no microphone, I have drums, connected very well to my PC. I am using them to play Guitar Hero World Tour. I am using them to operate between menus in the GH Metallica when I start it in PCSX2 that means that I did configurate the drums properly with plug ins in PCSX2.
Please, tell me what to pass forward in the game and play with my drums.
If you need more information from me, there is no problem.

Thanks in advance!

It has the same issue with GH5 aswsell.
Use the pokopom input plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin
Also connect ANY mic into the mic jack on the drums.

It should allow you to play now.
But ive only tested with guitar, and it had the same issue, but when using pokopom, and plugging in a 2.5mm mic into the guitar, it works fine.

Also a prior warning, GH games pretty much NEED to be played in software rendering mode. So that means you need ALOT of cpu power to play the game at good speed. (like an desktop i5/i7 or fx8350)
(07-08-2013, 08:53 PM)filenotfound Wrote: It has the same issue with GH5 aswsell.
Use the pokopom input plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin
Also connect ANY mic into the mic jack on the drums.

It should allow you to play now.
But ive only tested with guitar, and it had the same issue, but when using pokopom, and plugging in a 2.5mm mic into the guitar, it works fine.

Also a prior warning, GH games pretty much NEED to be played in software rendering mode. So that means you need ALOT of cpu power to play the game at good speed. (like an desktop i5/i7 or fx8350)

Thank you!

I'll try tomorrow. First time I tried to connect mic with drums, but I am not sure if that mic is not broken.
Somewhere I have read that plug in is just for guitar. But I'll try. Thank you!
(07-08-2013, 11:47 PM)bogo Wrote: Thank you!

I'll try tomorrow. First time I tried to connect mic with drums, but I am not sure if that mic is not broken.
Somewhere I have read that plug in is just for guitar. But I'll try. Thank you!

I thought I would bring this thread back to life, because I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to play Guitar Hero World Tour on my pc using pcsx2. I haven't bought an adapter for the guitar yet so I thought I'd play drums instead. I also have a mic. Drums and mic connect using usb so I thought there would be no problem. I set this all up yesterday, March 25th.

Using lilypad, I can maneuver around in the menu using the controls on the drumkit, but when I try to play it says I have to connect a mic. So I concluded that the pcsx2 doesn't recognize the drums as drums and thinks it's a regular controller. When I tried pokopom, I couldn't do anything at all, not even skip over the "commercial" bits in the beginnning. I might have set it up wrong in pokopom, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to set up actual buttons using that one, so I don't see how that's any better than lilypad.

I've googled A LOT, but I can't find anything even remotely recent on this issue so I don't know if this can even be resolved. What's the status as of 2016/17? Has lilypad or pcsx2 come with an update that recognizes drums?

I appreciate any help I can get!
LilyPad emulates PAD controllers(DualShock2, Guitar), controllers that connect to the regular controller port on the PS2. If you want to emulate controllers that connect to the USB port of the PS2(Driving Force wheels, Microphone, Keyboard), you need a USB plugin.

USB plugin that supports the Microphone: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Qemu-USB-...gstar-test
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go