GuitarFreaks V2 & DrumMania V2 disappearing wailing icon
CPU: Intel i5-4590 3.30 GHz (it's a quad core)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Memory: 8.00 GB
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
PCSX2 version: 1.4.0
Non-default settings: I have no idea. I'm using the gsdx32-avx plugin dated 20160105132032. It's set to use my GTX 950 and render using Direct3D11 (Hardware).
Source: An ISO I ripped personally from a mint condition disc whose checksums I verified against a rip in a different drive in a different computer.

This game is a music game. It has a red lane, a green lane, and a blue lane going from left to right. To the right of the blue lane is a lane where a guitar icon travels; when the icon hits the receptor, you can tilt your guitar (or hit the button you mapped this function to) to get a Wailing Bonus.

The problem I'm having is that the lane where the guitar travels appears very briefly when the song has started, then is quickly covered by complete black. This seems to happen because of the video that loads in the middle of the screen, but I'm not sure. A video does play with every song. This is thwarting my attempts to get a good score. I could just hold the wailing button down the whole time, but the idea is to delay the wailing and activate it after you've hit more notes, since that makes the bonus it gives you increase, and since I can't see the guitar icon, I can't achieve that timing.

Any help in getting this to display correctly, even if it means using a patch that keeps the videos from loading (if they are the problem), would be great.

Sponsored links

Nothing on this? ;__; Let me know if there's any way I can help come up with a solution. This really sucks. I should also mention that GuitarFreaks V3 does not do this. I don't know how that helps. But if there's anything I can do to contribute to the solution, let me know.
Have you tried software mode and OpenGL Hardware mode with the Hardware Depth option on?
Software mode did the trick! You're my hero, thank you.

What's the difference between the two, anyway?
(03-08-2016, 12:42 AM)RFGalaxy Wrote: Software mode did the trick! You're my hero, thank you.

What's the difference between the two, anyway?

Hardware mode is rendered on the GPU and is fast but not accurate.
Software mode is rendered on the CPU and is slow but accurate.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I see, so it's what I thought, sort of. I thought that hardware mode used the GPU and software mode used the CPU, but I didn't know there were accuracy differences. Well, that kinda sucks, I'd much rather use the GPU since that's what it's there for, but now I know I can try this trick whenever I'm having similar issues. Thanks.