"GunCon 2 commands to Mouse" Support.
This is horribly exciting; If it works, this plugin may be everything I was hoping for.

First off, I want to thank Caskad and Bositman for bringing this to the community's attention.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get it working. When I load up the plugin and configure it to GunCon 2, it simply freezes PCSX2.

Has anyone gotten this working?

EDIT: I used the PAD version, and, indeed, this will emulate the original GunCon and use the mouse for input. Unfortunately, it has additional effects.

Time Crisis II - The game runs far too fast and will not load levels in the main campaign. (The mini-games, like Agent Trainer, work.)

Time Crisis 3 - The game runs far too fast, and there is no response from mouse inputs. (That's probably because the PAD version of the plugin only emulates the original GunCon.)

As an additional note, double-clicking the main window causes the game to go to full screen and back. A request to the developers to disable that feature may be necessary if this plugin improves.

Having that been established, I like where this plugin is going. Has anyone gotten the USB version of the plugin working?
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM

Sponsored links

@ShadowofDoubt Disable "Double-click toggles fullscreen mode" in the "GS Window" tab of the emulation settings.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(10-08-2011, 03:38 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: @ShadowofDoubt Disable "Double-click toggles fullscreen mode" in the "GS Window" tab of the emulation settings.
Hahaha, thank you. I just found the option, and came back to edit that out of my previous post.

By the way, I'm using the latest revision of PCSX2, and the USB version of the plugin is working. The timing seems fine, but Time Crisis II does freeze after the first few moments of a pre-rendered movie. I did manage to get in-game by firing wildly to skip the movie before the freeze up. I'll update more as I continue the testing.
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
I apologize for the double-post, but I wanted to discuss my findings with Shalma's amazing plugins. With the latest revision of PCSX2, the USB version of the plugin works extremely well. I was able to get in-game in Time Crisis II and in-menu with Time Crisis 3. I'll be testing Resident Evil: Dead Aim (Gun Survivor 4) soon. (I need to find the time to play the opening on a controller, find a save point, and then go back and use the GunCon 2 setup.)

My only true issue has been that my WiiMote/WiiMouse setup does not work correctly. Even when using "Acquire" in the plugin's options, it doesn't recognize the commands.

Otherwise, this plugin truly is what I've been hoping for since I created this topic. Those that are curious and have at least one light gun game in their collection should give this a shot.
Fine, will try later with my mission light gun with smog's driver ! but unable to laucnh time crisis II :s
Yeah, you have to work some real magic to get Time Crisis II and 3 to load. You have to dump a Japanese BIOS (v2.20 or higher) and turn the "CDVD Fast Loading" Speed Hack on. You have to toy around with the Speed Hacks to get TC3 to the menu screens, but you still won't get in-game. It's a fine place to start, though.

Resident Evil: Dead Aim works quite well, but you have to take the time to get a working save. Otherwise, you'll be stuck on the "No Save Data Detected; Continue Anyway?" screen at the game's startup.

I'm still testing the WiiMote setup, but, so far, no luck getting it working. Since it's not a full-fledged mouse, Nuvee won't acknowledge it [even when in Acquire Mode]. Any help on that front would be amazing; It's tough when you're 90% of the way, but still have one last problem to solve.

Overall, very exciting stuff.

EDIT: I have tested Dead Aim, and it is indeed the best of the tested titles. It emulates well and the response from the plugin is excellent. I asked Shalma if there was any way to get my WiiMouse setup working, and am currently awaiting a response.
Updated attachment with the latest 10-13-11 changes.
Edit: Also made an official sticky thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Nuvee-PS1...-by-Shalma
So it would be nice to move your discussion and findings there Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]