HELP!
Don't Mean To Be a Idiot, But Certain Games I have Run At a Low frame Rate.
My Computer Specs Are "AMD FX-4300,Nvidea GT630,And 8 GIGS of Ram..
IS IT MY COMPUTER?

Sponsored links

(06-23-2014, 07:14 PM)thadirk Wrote: Don't Mean To Be a Idiot, But Certain Games I have Run At a Low frame Rate.
My Computer Specs Are "AMD FX-4300,Nvidea GT630,And 8 GIGS of Ram..
IS IT MY COMPUTER?

Yes it is. Can u tell me what games u r trying to run?Most likely your cpu is weak causing the slowdown. Some games will need a strong spec pc to run so your pc may not be up to par
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
Low framerates are almost always due to insufficient hardware.

Please tell us the games and the used settings. Probably we can improve the situation a bit.
Well first of all overclock that cpu to around 4.2ghz.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-23-2014, 08:32 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Well first of all overclock that cpu to around 4.2ghz.

I love how people all over the internet tell others to OC the cpu, like everyone knows how to do that. or should do that when some people barely know HOW to use PC with screw it up to begin with.

To TC lack of actual hardware powerful enough, you might get away with native in some game could also use guide in my sig that saiki made but i wouldnt expect much.
(06-23-2014, 08:37 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I love how people all over the internet tell others to OC the cpu, like everyone knows how to do that. or should do that when some people barely know HOW to use PC with screw it up to begin with.

To TC lack of actual hardware powerful enough, you might get away with native in some game could also use guide in my sig that saiki made but i wouldnt expect much.

You act like overclocking is difficult. It's not all that difficult and it can offer a decent performance jump. Unless you are going and putting that voltage up really high or going for ridiculous clock speeds then it's fairly safe too.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-23-2014, 08:41 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You act like overclocking is difficult. It's not all that difficult and it can offer a decent performance jump. Unless you are going and putting that voltage up really high or going for ridiculous clock speeds then it's fairly safe too.

im not say it is or isnt, I am say there people that barely know how to use there pc let alone know what there specs are those are the last people anyone should be telling to OC there pc.

This akin to gpu manufactures tell people to raise there voltage fix a issue on there card that should not have to be delt by the end user.

If said person dont know what they doing they can screw they PC up at worse fry it. Which is why I hate people that tell everyone to OC there PC special if they dont know how to do in first place. and the ironic part the people that do OC should know this. but then it not there pc to screw up either.

Would you tell your plumber to go fix your car who knows nothing about cars? same concept. if you dont know what your doing you can easily screw your pc even if you read guides. special if said people barely know how to use there pc. which there is alot of the people.
You make some valid points, however:

Saying you "hate people who say that" is not very nice.

But anyway, the truth is that AMD cpus simply NEED an overclock to achieve full speed in a lot of games. I think it is better to tell the guy to OC, and explain how and what not to do(which I always do), than to tell him "Tough luck."
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-23-2014, 11:39 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You make some valid points, however:

Saying you "hate people who say that" is not very nice.

But anyway, the truth is that AMD cpus simply NEED an overclock to achieve full speed in a lot of games. I think it is better to tell the guy to OC, and explain how and what not to do(which I always do), than to tell him "Tough luck."

how is not very nice come compared to some random person on the net that KNOWS how to OC and been doing for years tell someone never done or let alone barely know how to use the pc to do it?

Would you tell your best friend who barely knows how to turn on/off there pc and use the net and play there games to OC there PC? I think not, you would not tell your friend who knows nothing to do it even if you point then to guide. cause if something goes wrong, cause you told them anyone could do it you just cause your friend to lose the pc, cause not everone should

But then it not YOUR pc so what do those people care if they just told some one that dont know squat when comes to pc and there pc dies cause some guy on internet says OC "simple

OC is not as simple as just few setting changes here and there in bios for some one new to or hell barely know how to use there pc. It simple for those that been doing for years and know the does and do nots

I have oced my PC the OC 3.6ghz was not worth it to me I saw no difference in anything that included pcsx2 games and Swtor both of which are brutal on hardware, but i know what i doing, NOT everyone is pc savy and there are people that should not even attempt it.
^ That's completely your opinion. And yes I WOULD tell my friend to OC, if it was needed. And then I would show them how. I don't act differently on here than I do anywhere else.

You act like OC a PC has a massive chance of killing the PC, and it doesn't. If you will look at several of my posts, when I recommend OC, I always tell people to be careful with the voltage, and I also look up the max voltage of that CPU and tell them to not go over a number that is significantly below that. Just yesterday I was telling a guy about OC a Vishera CPU. I told him not to mess with the voltage if he was unsure, but if he did, not to go over 1.475. The max is actually 1.55v.

Your argument is: If a person knows about something, and another person doesn't, they shouldn't tell that person anything, because it might cause them to do something silly?

lol

If that's the case, then no one should be driving cars. Driving cars is dangerous. You can get killed! So a parent teaching their kid to drive is horrible!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD