HELP
i have this processor, i overclocked it to 3.8ghz and look at my signature, those are the games i finished on PCSX2, they ran at full speed with no slowdowns, no crashes, no bugs and no speedhacks turned on. But still some games ( like Shadow of the Colossus for example ) are unplayable for me.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.

Sponsored links

nataq01, you have your CPU overclocked to 3.8ghz and SotC is unplayable?? I got through the game at a very playable speed and look at my specs in my signature.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
what is "playable speed"? only thing i consider playable is full speed or at worst 90% full speed. nataq probably feels the same.
That's pretty much how I see it, 90% - 100%. Sometimes 85% is acceptable, but I don't get that low of a speed in games anyway except sometimes in a heavy part that doesn't last long anyway.
(08-13-2009, 03:28 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote: That's pretty much how I see it, 90% - 100%. Sometimes 85% is acceptable, but I don't get that low of a speed in games anyway except sometimes in a heavy part that doesn't last long anyway.

comeon dude,in the past i had athlon 64 x2 5600+ @ 3100mhz and persona 3, final fantasy x, budokai 3 wasnt playable ( yes fps sometimes was at 100% but most of the time it was 20-80% ). And your processor is even slower, you dont have to lie to us Tongue

P.S. By playable i mean 90-100% all the time. Not counting some short events like summoning shiva in FF10
I have no reason to lie. When is the last time you tried to run SotC? If you try with the latest beta of PCSX2, the latest GSdx (or maybe even an older on will work better) then you should get full speed with some speed hacks. Maybe your video card is holding you back, but with a CPU like that, surely you have a good video card. I assume you're last try running SotC was on an extremely outdated version of PCSX2?
last time i ran SotC on PCSX2 rev 1611, it still was horrible Tongue and my gfx isint bottlenecking emulation, its radeon hd4850. All info about my system is in my profile.
If the ATI bug wasn't fixed after its second appearance, then yes, your GFX card would indeed be bottlenecking your system.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
You have to lower internal resolution to run SOTC at full speed.

I run Yakuza, Final Fantasy X, XII, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil 4, etc at 1920x1080 with no slowdown whatsoever.

To run SOTC at full speed I have to lower the resolution to 1080x1080.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
Behold. SotC, 2 pics are native resolution and 2 pics are custom resolution (960 x 720, 1024 x 768 slowed the crap down for some reason...).

If we're gonna keep talking about SotC, we should probably go to another thread =P

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)