HELP
i just got pcsx2 0.9.6 and when i begin to play kingdom hearts it starts fine with 60fps but then goes down to 20fps. as i continue towards the game, i dont see a health bar at all.
is there something wrong with my computer? is it to slow?

My Pc specs

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz Processor

2048 MB RAM

Windows XP

Thats all I know so far

Sponsored links

You need to post what model of video card you use. pcsx2 relies heavily on it.
You have a very slow CPU and I'm assuming a low graphics card as well. Try getting the latest PCSX2 beta and enable some speed hacks and set GSdx to "native" resolution. More than that there's not much you cna do.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-20-2009, 11:07 PM)nasageek Wrote: You need to post what model of video card you use. pcsx2 relies heavily on it.
srry if late but will a radeon hd 4560 graphic card work
using the latest betas will help you but don't expect miracles. my personal experience with pcsx2 and the Pentium 4 processor is horrible, even with that game
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(08-04-2009, 11:24 PM)marche1990 Wrote: using the latest betas will help you but don't expect miracles. my personal experience with pcsx2 and the Pentium 4 processor is horrible, even with that game
well would a higher graphic card work. my dad bought my uncle a radeon hd 4560 graphic card and he's able to run street fighter 4 on his computer
Honestly, it's your CPU that's the bottleneck. The bare minimum necessary to get games going full speed is a dual core. A single core proc just is not going to do it. Any increase you could see with your video card would be minimal compared to getting a better processor.
besides, you can't compare a PC game running with native code and emulated software, they have different behavior
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
For the health bar problem, try enabling "Logarithmic Z" in GSDX options
(08-05-2009, 02:00 AM)marche1990 Wrote: besides, you can't compare a PC game running with native code and emulated software, they have different behavior
will this processor work
(Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition)