HELP - CDVD Plugin failed to load
Im using 64bit and never had an issue, the other halfs computer is 64bit also, no problems, brother in law's computer is 64bit, also no problems.

I suspect something isnt quite right on your end, however what the issue is i dont know :/ certainly an odd one.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

ASPI and amd sata drivers are mutually incompatible.

(IOCTL should be default anyway so its probably a non issue)

Visual C runtimes may need updating... try installing MSVC 2005 and 2008 x32 runtime
(04-20-2012, 12:25 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: ASPI and amd sata drivers are mutually incompatible.

(IOCTL should be default anyway so its probably a non issue)

Visual C runtimes may need updating... try installing MSVC 2005 and 2008 x32 runtime

One of the Gigaherz plugins and at least one other one I tried appeared to not be able to detect my DVD drive. I had a feeling that maybe it didn't like SATA as this is the first system I've used without IDE disc drives. I'll look at the MSVC but since I'm 64-bit I guess I should get the x64 runtime?

Quite a few of my games are fairly scratched which makes getting ISO's quite a long/difficult task.
The program is in 32bit so you should be using the 32bit runtimes.

I have installed these and it still doesn't work. I noticed there is also a 2010 MSVC, would that be worth a shot too?

It actually does work on the laptop, so it must be something in my hardware config that this one doesn't like. I have got a few ISO's now but some of my discs are more than a little scratched, they work fine off the disc take a very long time or are difficult to rip.

I'll have a look at the BIOS settings and see if there might be anything.
so you can play them off the disc on the pc but not the iso? Are you mounting the ISO with anything?

(04-23-2012, 11:59 AM)refraction Wrote: so you can play them off the disc on the pc but not the iso? Are you mounting the ISO with anything?

Opposite. I can play the ISO but not the disc. No matter what plugin I try I get an error about not being able to load the plugin because the computer may have insufficient resources/hardware/drivers.
On a curious note then, if you get daemon tools and mount an iso as a dvd drive, then point one of the proper dvd plugins at it, does it work?

(04-23-2012, 09:02 PM)refraction Wrote: On a curious note then, if you get daemon tools and mount an iso as a dvd drive, then point one of the proper dvd plugins at it, does it work?

i downloaded the trial for daemon tools, but i couldn't get PCSX2 to recognize the drive, kept saying no disc in the log. and my trial for power2go just ran out so i cant tests that, at least with daemon tools, i couldn't mount Xenosaga 1 ISO+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
(04-23-2012, 09:02 PM)refraction Wrote: On a curious note then, if you get daemon tools and mount an iso as a dvd drive, then point one of the proper dvd plugins at it, does it work?

I'll see if it works, but I'd doubt it.

Actually if it's a hardware incompatability then it might. I'll get back when I try it.