HELP! New User/Install Repeated Crashing
It's possible one of the devs will have an idea when they see it. It's just that it's a really vague problem.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

It's pretty obvious, see the log that gets stuck when loading Dev9? It's the dev9gigarazi.dll plugin, delete from your plugins folder and it will be fine
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-16-2014, 01:21 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's pretty obvious, see the log that gets stuck when loading Dev9? It's the dev9gigarazi.dll plugin, delete from your plugins folder and it will be fine

i have dev9 set to null. also, just to be sure i removed all dev9's from the plugin folder and i get errors that wont let me launch without selecting some thing for that in the "components selectors" window.
yeh you werent supposed to remove them all, you should have left the null one there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

you must leave at least one dev9 plug-in to avoid the error message for lacking a plug-in parts in the components selector.
*leave dev9null driver selected as DEV9 in the components selector
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-16-2014, 03:28 PM)Quizblog Wrote: i have dev9 set to null. also, just to be sure i removed all dev9's from the plugin folder and i get errors that wont let me launch without selecting some thing for that in the "components selectors" window.

have you tried the latest svn build from here yet ?

i'm kindof curious as to whether you need to run pcsx2 as an admin, seeing as you have a 64bit operating system

i suggest removing pcsx2 and then rein-staling it, just remember to make a copy of the bios you got from your playstation 2 (it'll save you having to re rip it from your machine)
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
I can report that running the executable as Administrator has no effect on when the program crash's. As for the dev9 thing. I have it set to NULL. There are no other dev9 plugin's installed.

I am curious on the log timing. the last line is always Opening DEV9 but does that line get printed before or after the action. As in, is DEV9 crashing the load of the ISO or is DEV9 loading fine, and the item after DEV9 the issue?

Also, I have tried 7 or 8 builds now. From the one on the main site download link, to yesterdays build, to many builds that were suggested earlier in the topic. They all seem to fail at the same point. I have reinstalled the 3 versions of the C++ runtimes, and my dx11 runtimes. I have the most current drivers for my GeForce 550 ti and I am 100% up to date on my Windows Update. Running a 64 bit Windows 7. The full specs for the system are on page 1.
As you can see from the emulog of a working boot, dev9 is the last thing that loads before the boot:

Code:
Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1484928 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Blyss Sarania\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Blyss Sarania\Desktop\Emulation\PS2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v01.90(23/06/2003)  Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1) Game CRC = 0x0F6B6315, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.70;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

Are you sure your bios dump is good? I'm reaching here but who knows.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-16-2014, 07:08 PM)Quizblog Wrote: I can report that running the executable as Administrator has no effect on when the program crash's. As for the dev9 thing. I have it set to NULL. There are no other dev9 plugin's installed.

I am curious on the log timing. the last line is always Opening DEV9 but does that line get printed before or after the action. As in, is DEV9 crashing the load of the ISO or is DEV9 loading fine, and the item after DEV9 the issue?

Also, I have tried 7 or 8 builds now. From the one on the main site download link, to yesterdays build, to many builds that were suggested earlier in the topic. They all seem to fail at the same point. I have reinstalled the 3 versions of the C++ runtimes, and my dx11 runtimes. I have the most current drivers for my GeForce 550 ti and I am 100% up to date on my Windows Update. Running a 64 bit Windows 7. The full specs for the system are on page 1.

did you remove all of the old version? and the settings file ?
if you have their should be no files left on your pc

reason i ask is the installer puts your files in one location (one of the devs can tell you round about where, as i use the portable svn versions)
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
The installer version puts files both in C:\Program files\ and C:\My Documents\

But even that Emu CR thing is a stand alone build(I think), I don't think OP ran the installer. I could be wrong though.