[HELP!] PCSX2 is running slower than before. (´・ω・`)
Hey guys, sorry I've got a problem.
When I started using PCSX2, everything was going well. I played games like .Hack//G.U. Triology, Rogue Galaxy, KH2, etc.. which require a well-performing computer, and I had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever playing them at all then.
But I stopped playing for 5-6 months. I didn't touch PCSX2 since. A few days back, I decided to play a little, and the games run pretty slow now and crash a lot. Tried different settings for it, nothing works, it just makes it worse. So I was wondering if there is a way to fix this.

My laptop settings:
Processor: Intel Core i5
CPU @ 2.67 GHz
4 GB RAM

As I had said, even if my laptop settings aren't enough for these games, then how come I could play them before without any problems?

Sponsored links

Did you change the build of PCSX2 your where using since you last used it? how bout Video drivers?
(07-08-2013, 06:47 PM)Azemodeus Wrote: As I had said, even if my laptop settings aren't enough for these games, then how come I could play them before without any problems?

Placebo effect would be my guess.

I don't have the others, but .hack//GU especially I know runs like balls on a system like that (my laptop specs match that, unless you have a super high end GPU hiding behind the rest of those mid-range specs).

This is assuming your hardware and software weren't changed at all, otherwise it should still be running the same... unless you know, you have a bitcoin miner running in the background of your PC.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-08-2013, 07:30 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Did you change the build of PCSX2 your where using since you last used it? how bout Video drivers?

No, I haven't changed anything at all.
I even tried to play games like Persona 4 and Final Fantasy X yesterday, and they were still running slower than usual. I know that those 2 games especially don't require any special specs o.o

(07-08-2013, 09:16 PM)Koji Wrote: Placebo effect would be my guess.

I don't have the others, but .hack//GU especially I know runs like balls on a system like that (my laptop specs match that, unless you have a super high end GPU hiding behind the rest of those mid-range specs).

This is assuming your hardware and software weren't changed at all, otherwise it should still be running the same... unless you know, you have a bitcoin miner running in the background of your PC.

I wouldn't know about that tbh.. as you can probably tell, I don't know much about computer systems or w/e.
I doubt it has anything to do with pcsx2 but rather your laptop. Did you see reduced performance when you play PC games?
(07-09-2013, 01:29 PM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: I doubt it has anything to do with pcsx2 but rather your laptop. Did you see reduced performance when you play PC games?

Hm.. not really, I don't think I noticed anything like that. Actually, I play PC games and MMOs without any problem. It's only PCSX2.
(07-09-2013, 02:32 PM)Azemodeus Wrote: Hm.. not really, I don't think I noticed anything like that. Actually, I play PC games and MMOs without any problem. It's only PCSX2.
Ok, what about you delete your current pcsx2 and get the new official build and see if the problem still persist?
(07-09-2013, 03:25 PM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: Ok, what about you delete your current pcsx2 and get the new official build and see if the problem still persist?

Tried that already. Got the latest version, plugins/bios too, didn't fix it.
Even though you didnt "change anything" I bet quite a bit has changed. You likely have outdated drivers, new Windows updates, possibly a different install of C++ Redist, power plan may have been changed, new software/antivirus installed, etc.

Start with the basics:
Ensure your power plan is set to high performance
Temporarily disable your antivirus as a test to ensure it isnt crashing or locking up the application
Check your CPU and GPU temps while you run PCSX2 to ensure throttling isnt occurring
Update your drivers if they are old. Not just GPU, but mobo and all others. Many times this can help.
Ensure you have the recommended C++ Redist package for your OS
Update DirectX
Run a FULL virus scan to see if malware is slowing your computer down. This happens more than you think Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(07-09-2013, 03:44 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: Even though you didnt "change anything" I bet quite a bit has changed. You likely have outdated drivers, new Windows updates, possibly a different install of C++ Redist, power plan may have been changed, new software/antivirus installed, etc.

Start with the basics:
Ensure your power plan is set to high performance
Temporarily disable your antivirus as a test to ensure it isnt crashing or locking up the application
Check your CPU and GPU temps while you run PCSX2 to ensure throttling isnt occurring
Update your drivers if they are old. Not just GPU, but mobo and all others. Many times this can help.
Ensure you have the recommended C++ Redist package for your OS
Update DirectX
Run a FULL virus scan to see if malware is slowing your computer down. This happens more than you think Smile

Ok, I'm gonna try your suggestions. It might take me a while to reply back with the results though, I won't be able to access internet for the next couple of days.