!!HELP PLEASE!!
[wx] Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)
[wx] can't open user configuration file. when i try to run a game from iso i get this message but when i run it from disc i have no issues

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Possibly access rights issue. Dont put the iso into a folder controlled by windows as programs, documents and settings, windows, and all of these folders.
(11-04-2015, 06:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

hope this is what you need.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 6-Core 3.3 GHz

RAM: 6 of 10GBs Free

MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M LX3

GPU:MSI GeForce GT 630 N630GT-MD4GD3-R 4GB 128-Bit DDR3
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Thank You.
(11-04-2015, 04:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.

Thank You.

PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)
Default setting
need for speed underground 2
tried willkuer's suggestion ?
Quote:Possibly access rights issue. Dont put the iso into a folder controlled by windows as programs, documents and settings, windows, and all of these folders.

probably this ^
Code:
if ( path.empty() )
    {
        wxLogSysError(_("Failed to create a temporary file name"));
    }

Tried moving them to a different directory which doesn't have such permission conflicts ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
do you mean like the local c drive ?
c:\pcsx2\ is an option.