[HELP] PS2 Emulator
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get the PSCX2 working for the last 6 hours, and im not getting anywhere.

Everytime i run the game, i get an error, and it closes.
[Image: r34-1.png]

Help would much appreciated.

Sponsored links

You are currently pointing the emulator to run a file inside the game disc, this is not the way to run a game.

If you're trying to run an ISO then unmount the ISO file and point PCSX2 to the big (usually a couple GBs big) file.
If you're trying to run the game from the disc then you'll have to set cdvdGigaherz as your CDVD plugin (Config > plugins selector) and point it to your disc drive, then select the "plugin" option under the CDVD menu and try running it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-01-2011, 07:59 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You are currently pointing the emulator to run a file inside the game disc, this is not the way to run a game.

If you're trying to run an ISO then unmount the ISO file and point PCSX2 to the big (usually a couple GBs big) file.
If you're trying to run the game from the disc then you'll have to set cdvdGigaherz as your CDVD plugin (Config > plugins selector) and point it to your disc drive, then select the "plugin" option under the CDVD menu and try running it.

Yes? And did you make any progress?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Nevermind, i think ive got it working..
It's really laggy though, how can i fix it?
Im trying to run FFX off my disc.
Post your specs.
Specs:
My specs are in the error file, posted above. Wink
So whats the best settings for me? So that i can run FFX.
My second question is, how can i use gameshark codes for FFX via PCSX2
Only your cpu is shown in the that screen. At 2.2ghz its fairly slow, should be good enough for ffx though. Try using SuperVU recompiler, use all the recommended speedhacks and set EE cyclerate to 2 and VU cyclestealing to 1. That setup seems to work rather well with ffx and should give you good speed most of the time. Also if you dont have a very powerful gpu make sure you are using native res.

Dont know how to use gamshark as I have never tried it sorry.
Specs:
What's the SuperVU recompiler? Where can i get it?